Administrative Assistant in the College of Nursing and Health
- Posted: June 24, 2022
Viterbo University invites applications for an Administrative Assistant in the College of Nursing and Health. This position is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the CNH office by maintaining communication and records as well as managing the general office and building environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a Catholic, Franciscan University.
- Serve as receptionist and first point of contact for the CNH office (School of Nursing building) during business hours established by the university
- Work collaboratively with other administrative assistants to accomplish priorities
- Assist the Dean, Leadership Team, and faculty in daily activities to support their roles
- Produce check requests, purchase orders and secure necessary supplies
- Manage college budget in collaboration with college leadership
- Maintain student, department, and college records as guided by accreditation, and university and program policies and procedures
- Supervise assigned work-study student(s)
- Create and maintain databases and website
- NRC Building/facility assistance and contact with resources/departments for meetings, room schedules, security
- Assume administrative responsibilities within a variety of CNH activities
- General Requirements/Qualifications:
- Minimum Associate Degree and three years of experience in an office setting
- Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook
- Excellent customer service, organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a multi-task environment
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Proficiency with management of various databases preferred
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all activities taking place in the CNH
- Behavior office and with student records
- Viterbo University seeks a Full-Time, 12-month Administrative Assistant to perform reception duties and maintain office operations for the CNH including supporting the Dean.
Physical Demands: Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is expected to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
To Apply: Please complete the online employment application form and upload a letter of interest, CV/resume, and three references.
About the University: Viterbo University is a Catholic, Franciscan, liberal arts institution with an enrollment of nearly 3000 students. Viterbo is located in scenic La Crosse, Wisconsin, which has been rated as one of the top places to live in the US. The region features an attractive cost of living, beautiful bluffs and coulees, three major rivers including the Mississippi River, world-class health care and education systems, and easy access to major cities in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: At Viterbo University, we value our inclusive climate and understand that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, constituencies, and those who will help us advance our diversity and inclusion initiatives aimed at creating a university that values student, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Viterbo University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, encourages nominations and candidacy of historically underrepresented groups, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Viterbo University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages nominations and candidacy of historically underrepresented groups.
AddressLa Crosse, WI
BusinessView all jobs at Viterbo University