Production Supervisor - Medical Device - 1st Shift
- Posted: over a month ago
Join VitalPath in Roseville as the First Shift Production Supervisor!
About VitalPath: VitalPath is a trusted partner in the catheter design and manufacturing of custom medical devices that save lives and restore patient health and vital function. We’re excited about this important work and bring vital energy to our customer partnerships. In our growing organization it’s important that we continue to offer a small-company, family-oriented environment with competitive pay and benefits. If you want to make a difference in people’s lives and be a part of a friendly, fun place to work with people that value diversity, come join our team!
About the position: Production Supervisor will supervise all activities of Line Leads and Product Builders in the production area, collaborate with other Production Supervisors to ensure that daily production schedules are met. Will be responsible for scheduling, training, motivating, supervising, and ensuring shop floor paperwork is properly completed.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits!
- Four, ten hour days: Monday - Thursday 4:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Supervision of production team to ensure targets for Safety, Quality, Costs, and Deliveries are achieved
- Responsible for selecting and delegating work orders to direct reports
- Develop direct reports to maximize potential. Keep Training Matrix up to date, identify and execute on growth opportunities for direct reports. Ensure operators are trained properly and can demonstrate needed skills to complete work on time with high quality.
- Maintain proper staffing levels by submitting HR staff requisitions needed to recruit, select, and backfill for direct reports required to meet manufacturing needs
- Responsible to orientate, train and develop personal growth opportunity for their team
- Track, monitor, and analyze production performance and corresponding direct reports performance including performance reviews
- Work with quality, line leads, and shift manager to ensure best practices, training, and nonconforming material reports are investigated and completed
- Manage process and material flows, and collaborate with Production Manager to maximize utilization of space designated for specific operations
- Provide leadership and direction for the advancement of current Good Manufacturing Practices, 5s, and VitalPath policies and procedures.
- Work with Production manager and appropriate department personnel to ensure new projects are well understood by operators
- Conduct and enforce first article and in-process inspection to ensure components are being built to specification and review shop floor paperwork on a daily basis to ensure proper documentation is completed
- Perform data entry into Microsoft excel/ERP system or equivalent
- Responsible for reporting data and analysis to shift manager
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Conduct tier 1 stand-up meetings with team members to review metrics for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery (SQCD) and Company announcements
- Provide input to Tier 2 standups with Cross functional team members covering SQCD
- Additional Duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED. Associates degree highly recommended
- Min. 2 yr. of medical device experience in a cleanroom environment
- Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints/specifications and basic tolerance
- Knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Willing to work in a team environment and promote teamwork among others
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of shop floor paperwork
- General math skills with metric conversions
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Ability to use microscope, ruler, digital micrometer, and specialized measuring software
- Training as a Manager, Supervisor, or equivalent experience
- Good verbal skills
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485 and cGMP
- Catheter manufacturing experience
- ERP/Business Central experience
Benefits of working at VitalPath
- Comprehensive, Low Cost Health and Dental Insurance Plans Available
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental insurances (short term disability, AD&D, life insurance, and more)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with company match
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
VitalPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. VitalPath participates in E-Verify.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSaint Paul, MN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?