Licensed Practical Nurse - PRN Nights
VitalCore Health Strategies
Expired: July 06, 2023 Applications are no longer accepted.
- Per Diem
VitalCore Health Strategies (VCHS), an industry leader in Correctional Health Care has an opening for a Licensed Practical Nurse at Jefferson County Correctional Facility in Hillsboro, Missouri for PRN Night Shift 7p-7:30a.
Looking for a rewarding career in the healthcare field with competitive wages, an annual incentive payment, and an excellent benefits package?
At VitalCore we pride ourselves on retaining and acquiring hardworking ethical individuals who are committed to providing quality services. Join our team and experience first-hand how VitalCore Health Strategies promotes a positive work environment that is based on respect and appreciation of the hard work and dedication of our staff.
We’re people who are fueled by passion, not by profit.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE POSITION SUMMARY
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) delivers quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses. The LPN is responsible for tasks, activities and functions as delegated and may make assignment of duties to others as defined in their state of practice act. The LPN provides monitoring of patients as directed by the HSA, DON, RN, or Medical Director or other practitioner.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE SCHEDULE
- Night Shift
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active BLS certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes a systematic approach to meet the health needs of each individual patient.
- Implements nursing care within the LPN’s scope of practice. (Includes compliance with all laws as applicable in the practice
- Assists in the development and implementation of teaching plans based on the individual needs of the patient. The plans should speak to health promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health.
- Cares for wounds with appropriate cleaning and dressing/bandaging.
- Administers medications to offenders.
- Provides for the care of multiple patients as directed by the Medical Director, DON, or Registered Nurse.
- Monitors vital signs and reports changes to appropriate medical staff.
- Documents actions in the MAR and medical records.
- Other nursing duties as assigned by facility
Keywords: LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, Correctional Facility, Nurse, healthcare, correctional nurse, nursing, Corrections, Correctional Healthcare, Nursing, correctional nurse, nurse, ICU, ER, emergency department, acute care
VitalCore Health StrategiesHillsboro, MO
63050 USAView All VitalCore Health Strategies Jobs
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.