Licensed Practical Nurse - FT, PT
- $32 to $35 Hourly
At VitalCore we pride ourselves on retaining and acquiring hardworking ethical individuals who are committed to providing quality services. Join our team and experience first-hand how VitalCore Health Strategies promotes a positive work environment that is based on respect and appreciation of the hard work and dedication of our staff,
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE POSITION SUMMARY
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) delivers quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses. The LPN is responsible for tasks, activities and functions as delegated and may make assignment of duties to others as defined in their state of practice act. The LPN provides monitoring of patients as directed by the HSA, DON, RN, or Medical Director or other practitioner.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
- Acute care experience preferred at State Farm Correctional Center, Greensville Correctional Center, and Deerfield Correctional Center
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- LPN Utilizes a systematic approach to meet the health needs of each individual patient.
- LPN Implements nursing care within the LPN’s scope of practice. (Includes compliance with all laws as applicable in the practice
- LPN Assists in the development and implementation of teaching plans based on the individual needs of the patient. The plans should speak to health promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health.
- LPN Cares for wounds with appropriate cleaning and dressing/bandaging.
- LPN Administers medications to offenders.
- LPN Provides for the care of multiple patients as directed by the Medical Director, DON, or Registered Nurse.
- LPN Monitors vital signs and reports changes to appropriate medical staff.
- LPN Documents actions in the MAR and medical records.
- LPN Other nursing duties as assigned by facility
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE SCHEDULE:
- 7a -7p
We’re people who are fueled by passion, not by profit.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Holiday Pay: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Animal/Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program and Discount Center
Keywords: Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, Correctional Healthcare, Nurse
VitalCore Health StrategiesSaint Charles, MO
HealthcareView All VitalCore Health Strategies Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.