Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN
- Posted: 4 days ago
Apply today, and help us to make a difference: https://vitalcorehs.com/careers
VitalCore Health Strategies (VCHS), an industry leader in Correctional Health Care has openings for Licensed Practical Nurses at Canyon County Detention Center in Caldwell, Idaho!!!
Looking for a rewarding career in the healthcare field with competitive wages, an annual incentive payment and an excellent benefits package?
At VitalCore we pride ourselves on retaining and acquiring hardworking ethical individuals who are committed to providing quality services. Join our team and experience first-hand how VitalCore Health Strategies promotes a positive work environment that is based on respect and appreciation of the hard work and dedication of our staff.
We’re people who are fueled by passion, not by profit.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE BENEFITS PACKAGE TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Holiday Pay: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Short Term/Long Term Disability
Identity Theft Protection
Employee Assistance Program and Discount Center
Annual Incentive Payment
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE POSITION SUMMARY
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) delivers quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses. The LPN is responsible for tasks, activities and functions as delegated and may make assignment of duties to others as defined in their state of practice act. The LPN provides monitoring of patients as directed by the HSA, DON, RN, or Medical Director or other practitioner.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
- Acute care experience preferred at State Farm Correctional Center, Greensville Correctional Center, and Deerfield Correctional Center
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes a systematic approach to meet the health needs of each individual patient.
- Implements nursing care within the LPN’s scope of practice. (Includes compliance with all laws as applicable in the practice
- Assists in the development and implementation of teaching plans based on the individual needs of the patient. The plans should speak to health promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health.
- Cares for wounds with appropriate cleaning and dressing/bandaging.
- Administers medications to offenders.
- Provides for the care of multiple patients as directed by the Medical Director, DON, or Registered Nurse.
- Monitors vital signs and reports changes to appropriate medical staff.
- Documents actions in the MAR and medical records.
- Other nursing duties as assigned by facility
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE SCHEDULE
Keywords: LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, Correctional Facility, Nurse.
We are committed to assisting individuals working for VitalCore to follow their passion and be proud of their accomplishments. We are involved and engaged daily and as needed to ensure that every employee has corporate level support and guidance. It is important to us that we set a positive tone to create and maintain healthy professional relationships and environments. We believe in expressing gratitude and acknowledging the dedication and performance of the staff at each facility.
VitalCore Health Strategies
HealthcareView all jobs at VitalCore Health Strategies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?