Research Assistant, Census Coordinator
- Expired: June 19, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Research Assistant, Census Coordinator
Vital Research (Vital) is a national research consulting firm specializing in delivering quality social science research. We partner with local and state governments, non-profits, foundations, corporations, and others to evaluate the implementation and impact of social programs.
Vital has an immediate need for an organized and dedicated Research Assistant, Census Coordinator to join our team on a temporary, 5-month project starting in mid-September 2021. This individual will support our team with a large-scale survey research project under the direct supervision of the Research Manager. This position involves tracking electronic data collection, managing data files, and ensuring the accuracy and confidentiality of information recorded. If you enjoy fast-paced work and you take a meticulous approach to your tasks, we're interested in hearing from you.
As a Research Assistant- Census Coordinator, RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Use a variety of software tools to organize, match, and process data files from multiple sources, including Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Use Microsoft Access to monitor and track project activities.
- Receive Census lists and clean data using Microsoft Excel.
- Generate assignment packets for Field Interviewers.
- Track, audit, and correct data errors to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Upload data findings to database.
- Follow directions precisely and repeatedly while maintaining focus and energy.
- Adhere to strict timelines without exception.
- Contact nursing facilities to collect outstanding materials.
- Present a professional demeanor in office and over the phone, providing a superior customer service experience.
- Comply with confidentiality, federal HIPAA regulations, and adhere to data security requirements.
- Other related duties as assigned.
This opportunity might be for you if you meet the following REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in social science or a relevant field.
- One-year of administrative experience; post-graduate research experience preferred.
- Must be available M-F, 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. PST (averaging 40 hours/week as needed).
- Proficient in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Familiarity with survey software such as Voxco.
- Possess exceptional technical, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Capability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to identify/solve problems and ask for assistance when needed.
- Aptitude to multi-task, take direction, adhere to strict deadlines, and change direction in response to unpredictable work situations.
- Maintain clear, accurate, and comprehensive records.
- Strong communication skills over the phone.
- Adhere to data security and privacy protocols.
- Basic knowledge of research and health care terminology highly desired.
Compensation: $20 / hour
Vital Research considers the health and safety of its clients and team members as its highest priorities. Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace that is free of recognized hazards, Vital Research has a mandatory vaccination policy for any in-person business interactions. This applies to all employees to protect against infectious diseases that may be mitigated through vaccinations.
All offers of employment with Vital Research are conditioned on completing and passing a background check, participating in mandatory testing requirements (e.g., COVID-19), and using designated PPE when required.
Vital Research is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or national origin.
Come be a part of our dynamic team! For consideration, please submit BOTH a cover letter and resume. Submission without both items will not be considered.