Warehouse Supervisor - 2nd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Warehouse Supervisor is a key member of the warehouse operations team and is responsible for driving associate engagement, productivity, quality, accuracy, and safety in a specific area (inbound return orders, order picking, order sorting, or outbound/shipping) by providing leadership and day to day direction to a team of numerous hourly associates. The Warehouse Supervisor is also responsible for close collaboration with peers in other departments to ensure all decisions/outcomes align with the overall site goals and objectives. Communication with internal business teams, such as; inventory, customer solutions, sales and warehouse operations, supply chain.
What you will be responsible for:
- Supervise associates (both Vital Proteins and temp labor) to pick merchandise and consolidate orders, pack orders, or ship packages direct to consumers and retail customers
- Supervise secondary production functions associated with their currently assigned department, such as returns, return to vendor processes, make ready/audit functions, etc.
- Implement optimal staffing mix during assigned shift for applicable department(s) in partnership with management the production/wave planning office
- Supervise e-commerce and retail Warehouse operations (B2C, B2B)
- Monitor Warehouse lines to ensure goods flow properly within the facility; communicate best practices for conveying goods to associates within department(s) of responsibility as well as upstream and downstream departments
- Maintain accurate records of processed merchandise, packages and shipments, gift packaging, tracking numbers, etc. as well as associate productivity. Prepare daily reports of these metrics for the management team and provide appropriate feedback to associates to support accountability and recognition
- Maintain high quality and productivity standards in assigned department(s) by providing continuous direction, training, and motivation to hourly associates (up to 75% time spent on warehouse floor)
- Coach and develop Warehouse leads in the day to day motivation and support of hourly order processors
- Ensure on-time order processing and Warehouse, keeping service level promises to our customers is critical
- Present problem analysis of operational issues to the inbound/outbound manager on duty (such as dips in productivity) and recommend solutions in a creative and logical manner
- Be solution oriented and routinely make recommendations for continuous improvement within the site
- Exercise the autonomy to make operational decisions on the fly to keep the building plans on track and support the business
- Responsible for assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organization policies and communications
- In partnership with the Warehouse area, plan and use independent discretion to organize day-to-day operations activities/objectives.
- Appropriately communicate with, follow up with, and support associates in a timely manner.
- Ability to leverage the various systems in the facility to generate reports, understand trends and potential road blocks, interpret any corrective measures needed and execute plans to achieve desired outcome
- Monitor hourly/daily reporting and escalate concerns when needed
- Must be able to learn, understand, and regularly execute tasks related to the various software programs used to run the facility. i.e. ERP, WMS
- Follow all established facility safety and security standards; set the example for, coach, and hold hourly associates accountable
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment; ensure all equipment is in working order and that associates have the tools they need to be effective.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business is preferred (or equivalent level of industry experience)
- 3 + years of previous distribution experience, with at least 2 + years of a supervisory role
- Experience in ERP system (NetSuite preferred)
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve even the most challenging objectives with limited supervision
- Able to openly communicate on all levels of management, customers and vendors
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment (accuracy, timeliness, reliability, adaptability, and responsiveness).
- Customer focused with strong data and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Suite programs
- Proven track record and experience in planning and an interest in continuous improvements
- Results-oriented professional able to solve problems and implement change
- Potential to grow into positions of increasing responsibility based on results and capabilities
- You possess a supervisory/managerial skill set, this is a position that leads others, aligns actions and plans to strategies, supports a learning culture, builds collaborative motivated teams focused on results
At Vital Proteins, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Powered by JazzHR
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Vital Proteins