Biochemist: Production-Quality Control
VitaCyte is a leading manufacturer of purified, defined bacterial collagenase and associated protease enzymes for enzyme mediated cell isolation and other biotherapeutic applications. The job is primarily focused on production and quality testing of enzymes for the development of new cell based therapeutics and biopharmaceuticals.
- The appropriate candidate will have an Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or Biology.
- Academic or industrial laboratory experience is strongly preferred as is production experience in a document controlled environment.
- Prior experience in biotechnology protein purification is a plus.
- Executes protein purification, final product formulation processes and test procedures following established protocols in controlled documents
- Adheres to established policies, procedures, acceptance criteria and conferring with management staff.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with government regulations and industry standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; qualifying new equipment and validating new procedures and processes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by interacting with experienced staff.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by establishing and complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team goals by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Comfortable in working in a laboratory environment with the expectations that individual familiar with lab safety, general chemical knowledge, familiar with entering results in a document controlled quality management system
- The position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The candidate will be expected to have strong problem-solving skills while working in a team environment.
- Average physical strength is required.
Full time, permanent position including a comprehensive family medical benefit package and participation in an employer matched 401K plan.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Mandatory requirement for proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to employment
VitaCyte LLCIndianapolis, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.