VITANONWOVENS - Manufacturing Technician
If you are looking for an exciting role in manufacturing maintenance with opportunities for career growth and family orientated feel, than look no further!
Vita Nonwovens is currently seeking experienced maintenance technicians for our manufacturing plant near San Antonio, Texas.The primary responsibility in this role is to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment. Qualified candidates will need to be self-motivated, mechanically inclined, and comfortable working overtime as needed, bonus points if you have non-woven experience!
- Follow all Safety Guidelines & Procedures.
- Maintain production equipment in safe, optimal operating condition to help ensure the protection of all plant employees and visitors.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of production and process equipment for proper operation.
- Perform pm's and repair of production equipment.
- Recognize and perform machine adjustments to the various manufacturing machine systems
- Determining corrective actions based on operational and trouble messages provided by Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) Display Monitors or other similar display panels.
- Assisting with installation, testing, and validation of new production equipment.
- Follow and maintain proper records for All Safety Management procedures and requirements.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of process and production equipment.
- Perform and oversee equipment changeovers as necessary.
- Work with management to inform them of malfunctions or issues.
- Assist in training manufacturing employees in the proper use of equipment.
- Maintain organization of Maintenance Repair Area and any other area where repair work is in progress.
- Assist coworkers with production or other tasks as requested.
- Complete Work orders and Assignments via CMMS.
- A 2-year technical degree in Electrical or Mechanical.
- A Minimum of 5 years of industrial maintenance experience within manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Industrial Controls, 3phase Motors, Servos, VFD’s, Hydraulics, Air Compressors, Pneumatics, Mechanics, Troubleshooting PLCs, Ladder Logic, Allen Bradley RS-Studio 5000, HMI’s, Networking, Print and Schematic reading.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E, NEC, Best Practices.
- Knowledge of PM’s, Predictive and Pro-Active Maintenance
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Perform basic math skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, and work in tight spaces in and around machinery.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts every other weekend when business demands warrant a 24-7 continuous operation.
- Experience working effectively with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is preferred.Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
3PM - 11PM & 11PM - 7AM; Monday - Friday with occasional overtime on Saturdays.
It is not intended that this job description include all details of the work functions inherent in this position, nor does it give exclusive titles to every function described. The position incumbent will perform work equal or lower classification, as required or directed, and perform work of high classification for training purposes, or as warranted by emergency circumstances.
Vita Nonwovens, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.