Immediate Need - Full Stack Developer - SW Washington, DC - Long Term Contract - Direct Client Need
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Job Title : Full Stack Developer
- Location : Currently 100% teleworking, once the decision is made to return-to-work, the candidate (s) will need to be located in the DC Metro area in order to work onsite at the SW Washington, DC 20024
- Job Type : Long Term Contract
- Direct Client Need : Immediate Interview Immediate hire !!
About Job :
Information about the client organization
Our is looking for an innovative and passionate individual to join our team and inspire citizens and leaders worldwide to confront hatred, prevent genocide, and promote human dignity looking for a Full Stack Web Developer with a passion for clean code, user-centered design, and collaboration.
Information about the role
The developer will participate in new digital projects from concept to completion and support the improvement of existing digital projects as the technical team member. Working closely with other developers and UX designers, the developer will work in an iterative and test-driven environment to translate design concepts into production-ready code. The developer will employ technical skills to help the client tell the stories of the Holocaust and other genocides, always with a goal of making the past relevant today and of provoking our visitors to think, question, care, and, ultimately, take action. This position resides in the Application Development Department.
Duties, and Responsibilities for the role
- Integrate our products with APIs and services as needed.
- Utilize frameworks such as Laravel, jQuery, and Vue.
- Be a member of an Agile scrum team for content-focused new product(s); participate in sprint planning meetings, stand-up meetings, and retrospectives; assess progress against tasks and adjust as needed.
- Work collaboratively on a small team to iterate and refine new and existing products through wireframing and prototyping, coding, testing, launch, and maintenance. We work in two-week sprints with a design-build-test approach.
- Troubleshoot and resolve high-priority issues affecting the live environment, which includes sites and applications that utilize a variety of frameworks and content management systems.
- Research and learn new frameworks and development processes as needed.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize new and existing websites for page speed and performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the role
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks (e.g. Vue, React, Angular) Vue expertise preferred.
- Proficiency with at least one backend language (PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, etc.) PHP expertise preferred.
- Experience with web application security best practices and the design of secure systems.
- Knowledge of relational and/or non-relational databases (MySQL, NoSQL).
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Expertise in software engineering practices including version control (Git preferred), unit tests, continuous integration, and automated deployment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other developers, as well as team members across the museum. Previous experience in an Agile environment, preferably Scrum.
- Ability to troubleshoot cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with Linux preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Java coding is beneficial
- Experience with container engines such as Docker, and designing containerized Systems.
- Experience with unit tests, continuous integration, and automated deployment.
Visual Consultants Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Visual Consultants Inc