Are you interested in learning how brands across the country express themselves in the built environment? Have you been to a convention and wondered how the magic happens?
Visual Communications Inc. is in search of a part-time intern for the 3D Environmental and Exhibit Design department. This internship is designed to be a career-based learning opportunity with hands-on experience.
Skills and Opportunities Gained:
- Opportunities to refine design skills, balancing aesthetics and functionality
- Exposure to a myriad of design processes and tools
- Direct involvement with a variety of projects for Fortune 500 companies from around the globe
- Work alongside our design department to help design exhibits and environments and to help prepare client presentations
- Curate and improve the library for the design dept. This includes vendors, materials, 3d assets and other elements.
- Perform other assigned tasks
- Must hold or be pursuing a degree in graphic design, industrial design, architecture, interior design, set design or a
- Must have a portfolio of recent work (3-5 pieces minimum) that illustrates your ability to think conceptually about design (can be any creative medium)
- Possess strong visual storytelling and communication skills
- Experience and proficiency in Adobe programs (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Knowledge of MacOS
- Ability to problem-solve and be resourceful
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Have an enthusiastic attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Experience with 3-D modeling (Form-Z, Sketchup, Rhino, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of animation software or interactive development platforms is a plus
- Interest or experience in construction, craftsmanship or mechanics is a plus