SUMMARY: Generation Lighting’s in-house creative team is seeking a Senior Manager, Creative Services to lead the design, coordination, and development of all design concepts to meet business objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, graphic elements for long form print catalogs, photography, digital (web and social), internal marketing material, presentations, signage, environmental graphics, and related marketing materials. In this newly created Senior Manager of Creative Services role, you will have the opportunity to mentor a creative team and drive the creative process from concept through execution as well as have hands-on responsibility for generating impactful design solutions that inspire, educate, and influence our customers.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in visual design, digital arts or a related field (equivalent professional experience will be considered.
Related Experience: A minimum of seven (7) years of full-time related experience of design experience, including design for the web and digital media. Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be accepted.
Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Fluency in current Mac software, such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office Suite.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Essential Functions:
- Manage the creative process and execution from concept to completion
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies/ projects and initiatives
- Ensure visual, communication and brand standards are met in all projects
- Lead and manage creative team of two/freelancers, including assign projects, coach and evaluate designers in the execution of prescribed designs within brand standards.
- Successfully provide direction and support the creative team in concept creation, production of literature, advertising, digital marketing and brand management.
- Ensure a creative yet consistent look and feel that adheres to and supports each brands’ visual identity and messaging across all content.
- Works with the marketing team to ensure projects are on time, on budget, and on strategy.
- Understand the abilities of the creative team and provides advice if design or production issues arise.
- Establish/enforce brief process and timelines.
- Manage and maintain digital asset portfolio including photography, graphics, fonts, video across multiple platforms.
- Individually contribute on projects and provide creative output (this is a player coach position).
- In addition to understanding design management and workflow, this individual must have a solid understanding of the competitive marketplace.
- Actively involved in hiring and training creative staff
- Must be present in the workplace and demonstrate commitment, dependability, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule as determined by manager.
- Supports and exhibits the Visual Comfort Group Company Values