Mechanic (entry level) - East St. Louis, IL
Visu-Sewer East Saint Louis, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*Call 618.397.9840 to schedule an appointment for completing application and background paperwork.
**PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Entry Level Truck Mechanics perform routine maintenance procedures and determine a course of action for damaged parts and systems on trucks and equipment. As an Entry Level Truck Mechanic, you will be responsible for truck and equipment repairs, malfunctioning components, change brakes, replace worn-out parts, and change fluids. With experience and education, this position would grow to a Journeyman Truck Mechanic position. Truck mechanics routinely use computerized equipment along with lathes, welding torches, pneumatic wrenches, hydraulic jacks, screwdrivers, pliers, mallets and precision gauges. As a Truck Mechanic, you will also test drive trucks and equipment before and after repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Determines Truck and equipment condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests, identifying worn and damaged parts.
· Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
· Provide timely recommendations and detailed reports of findings on equipment being serviced and maintained to the fleet manager.
· Verifies trucks and equipment performance by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems.
· Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
· Maintains truck and equipment appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
· Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
· Contains costs by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options.
· Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
· Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Aid field personnel with trouble shooting and diagnosis of equipment via the phone or onsite in a professional manner.
· Seek and attend additional or continued education on technology, equipment and tools to keep abreast on the latest changes in your field.
· Maintain a clean and organized workstation on a day-to-day basis.
· Comply with company handbook including workplace rules and safety policies.
· High School diploma/GED
· Valid Driver’s License
· Must obtain CDL within 3 months of hire
· 6 month industry experience as a Mechanic
· Must have knowledge and skills necessary for maintenance and repair of equipment: light to heavy trucks, trailers, small gasoline to large diesel engines, including electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
· Able to read and understand instructions in English
· Able to pass drug screens, physical and safety sensitive background check
· Willing to work overtime as needed and requested by management.
· Willing to travel out of town and to local jobsites to service and repair equipment as needed and requested by management.
· Own tools
· Steady employment with overtime available
· Health/Dental and Life Insurance
· Profit sharing and 401K
· Paid holidays and vacation time
· Excellent Pay
· Advancement Opportunities
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
What started as a small, family-owned business has grown to become widely recognized as one of the most established and trusted sewer inspection, maintenance and rehabilitation companies in the United States.
Visu-SewerWhy Work Here?
We believe what we do is just as important as how we do it.
Visu-Sewer is a national organization which serves the underground construction community in the Midwest and beyond. Visu-Sewer uses only the latest underground construction inspection technology for the assessment of sewer pipes. With highly trained crews and extensive experience, Visu-Sewer also provides diverse underground construction trenchless processes and solutions to maintain, rehabilitate and repair entire collection systems to deliver maximum performance. What started as a small, family-owned business has grown to become widely recognized as one of the most established and trusted sewer inspection, maintenance and rehabilitation companies in the United States.
7895 St Clair Avenue; E. St. LouisEast Saint Louis, IL
AutomotiveView all jobs at Visu-Sewer