Vistar Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vistar customers are everywhere people work, play and shop. Vistar is America’s leading candy, snack and beverage distributor with over 25 distribution centers delivering everything from popcorn to healthy meal replacements anywhere in the United States. Our success is rooted in working closely with our suppliers and customers to stay ahead of the latest snacking trends. Vistar has thrived by innovating, exceeding customer expectations and fostering a collaborative culture built on teamwork, doing what’s right, and giving back to the communities we do business in.
- Overall responsibility for warehousing / transportation functions within the OpCo, and includes recruiting, safety and compliance, food safety measures, training and ensuring proper management of the departments. May also be responsible for manufacturing/processing functions where applicable. Manage to an established operations budget and plans for future growth and implements changes as needed to accommodate business needs. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
- Supervises associates to include, but not limited to: staffing, training, coaching, performance management and problem resolution. Ensures staff maintains a level of professionalism, competency and motivation through the direction of selection, development and ongoing evaluation.
- Oversees routine operations of and direct activities of supervisors/managers to achieve established productivity and financial goals of the department and OpCo.
- Oversee all scheduling and delivery of incoming product and outbound product/customer deliveries. Manage department to achieve appropriate timeliness of delivery and highest quality of product.
- Negotiate with vendors/suppliers for packaging, shrink wrap, pallets, parts, and other necessary items.
- Analyzes structure and procedures of departments within jurisdiction; including use of space and equipment, and modifies to maximize efficiency and service level. Forecasts future requirements based upon anticipated sales in order to develop personnel and to budget accordingly for equipment, personnel, etc.
- Participates in sales effort by assisting sales personnel with presentations, as necessary, as well as working closely with customers for resolution of problems in operations or product quality.
- In manufacturing settings, ensures that all products are produced within applicable food safety guidelines and meet all requirements. Work with supervisors to provide training for employee safety and product safety.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
Required Experience: 6 - 10 Years
Preferred Education: Bachelors
Preferred Experience: 10 Years +
VistarWhy Work Here?
Benefits Day 1! Stability, Awesome CEO, Full Benefits, Growing Company
Vistar is the nation’s leading provider of candy, snacks, beverages, and other convenience and frozen foods. For more than four decades, Vistar has served customers spanning vending and coffee service distributors, theaters, big box retail stores, concessions, and the hospitality industry. Vistar operates more than 20 distribution centers and 11 Merchant’s Marts throughout the country.
101 Esplanade Blvd. STE 100 HoustonHouston, TX
BusinessView all jobs at Vistar