Accounts Payable Accountant
Vistant (formally PM Consulting Group), recognized as one of the fastest growing companies across the country and the region by Inc. 5000, Financial Times, Washington Technology, and the Baltimore Business Journal, is a public-sector management consulting firm serving Federal International Development, Healthcare, and Social Services agencies.
Vistant is seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant. As a member of the Finance and Accounting department, the selected candidate will collaborate with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret financial information.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform full cycle of accounts payable function.
- Process and organize invoices to ensure bills are paid and received in a timely manner.
- Manage independent consultant agreements for submission and payment terms.
- Maintain accounts by recording, identifying, and verifying financial transactions.
- Collaborate with others within the organization to ensure all financial actions are accurate.
- Review accounts payable vouchers for accuracy prior to posting to the accounting system.
- Keep accurate records of incoming and outgoing payments to the organization.
- Process incoming payments by check, credit card, wire, and EFT.
- Maintain Vendor Master Files.
- Ensure payment and receipt agreements are accurate in the system.
- Receive, process, and reconcile statements.
- Generate and review monthly reports.
- Assist with preparation for annual audits.
- Prepare and distribute annual IRS forms (1099's).
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting procedures.
- Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
- Solution accounting irregularities in processes.
- Assist in documenting policies and processes.
- 5+ years of general accounting experience.
- 1-3 years of experience working in accounts payable, receivable, and general accounting.
- Government contracting experience.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP software suite.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS), preferably in finance or accounting.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing growth environment.
- Customer service is driven toward all external and internal customers.
- Unwavering professional integrity and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive company/employee information.
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
- Deltek Costpoint experience preferred.
- Concur experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Excel and Outlook experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data.
- Outstanding math and research skills.
- Proficiency with 10-key typing and data entry.
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Not appliable.
Place of Performance
- Remote - Preferred candidate will reside in D.C., Maryland, or Virginia and be able to attend period meetings at Vistant's office in Washington, D.C.
Applicants selected may be subject to a background investigation and must meet suitability requirements for eligibility. Vistant participates in E-Verify.
Vistant provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.
Vistant is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Finance and InsuranceView All Vistant Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.