Field Sales Representative (DC/MD/VA)
Vista Higher Learning Norfolk, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHO ARE YOU? A focused, strategic, and driven sales professional who loves building relationships and is looking to have an impact in a growing education-focused organization that values everything about you and what you bring to your work.
WHO ARE WE? We are passionate, innovative, lifelong learners, and creative thinkers working to develop culturally authentic language learning products for K-12 schools and universities.
WHAT IS THE ROLE ABOUT?
This Field Sales Representative will be a key member of our dedicated and experienced Eastern Region sales team. This person will sell VHLs print and digital Language Education products to Higher Education schools and programs within the Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia territory.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Network and develop a strong understanding of the specific needs of schools and customers within the assigned territory
- Deliver impactful and engaging digital and live presentations showing how our solutions can help solve their challenges and achieve learning outcomes
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships and working relationships with key education professionals at current and potential customers
- Partner effectively with sales support team members in an effort to satisfy our customers' needs
- Close business on a consistent basis to achieve sales quotas
- Utilize our CRM (Salesforce.com) and other tools to build a territory database for effective analysis, planning and account management
YOU MUST HAVE (MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of sales, business development or territory management experience
- Demonstrated success achieving sales goals with a solution and consultative sales approach
- Strong technology orientation and previous experience selling technology products
- Proven relationship building, sales and customer support mindset
- A aptitude to effectively sell/present to a variety of audiences in different ways (i.e. in-person, telephone, Go-To-Meeting, Skype, webinars, etc.)
- Experience managing a long sales cycle
- Excellent prospecting, territory building, negotiation and account management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to travel within the region (around 40%) during the academic year
IDEAL IF YOU (PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- Have experience selling Educational, Ed-tech, Publishing, Language or technology products
- Have experience selling in the Higher Education or K-12 market
- Have teaching experience
- Have an ability to speak French, German, Spanish or Italian
Remote: This role is requires residence within the states assigned territory and must be willing to travel throughout the territory without restriction. Candidates must meet this requirement in order to be considered.
Qualified applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
OUR BENEFITS package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, commuter pass subsidies, PTO and paid holidays. Plus, we offer all sorts of unique perks such as virtual fitness classes, fun Slack groups, social events and much more!
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Vista Higher Learning
BusinessView all jobs at Vista Higher Learning