Software Support Specialist
- Expired: July 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We aim to do good things with good people.
The IT Support Specialist is a self-motivated individual whose mission is to become an expert in Maccs' film distribution software and services and will play a key role in supporting our North American distributor clients.
The role is fast-paced and requires the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and troubleshoot effectively.
- Develop and maintain an extensive understanding of the film distribution industry's business operations to effectively configure and support Maccs products and services
- Become an expert in Maccs' software products and services
- Investigate and resolve problems that arise with Maccs' software and services
- Setup and configure Maccs' software for new and existing customers
- Analyze large data files and error logs to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Identify and log software bugs to be fixed by the development team
- Communicate with customers regularly using phone, email, and other collaboration tools
- Effectively train Maccs customers both remotely and in person
- Consult with customers on best practices, helping them realize the full potential of the Vista software
- Navigate and understand relational databases and utilize SQL queries to investigate and solve problems
- Special projects as assigned
At Maccs we understand that film distribution is a truly global business. Regulations governing sales, taxes and royalties differ considerably in various parts of the world, therefore Maccs' software is multilingual and able to work seamlessly across multiple regions and currencies. Maccs software is used by over 90 distributors to distribute films in over 50 territories around the world. Our clients range from smaller independent distributors through to major global distributors.
Our success has come about through a combination of innovation, exceptional service, 24-hour support and smart technology applied to world leading software solutions - the cornerstone of our business.
A company of Vista Group International (NZX & ASX: VGL), Maccs' operations include Los Angeles, The Netherlands, Germany and Australia.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in a technical support role, working directly with both technical and non-technical clients
- Experience with software development concepts e.g. XML, web services, relational databases
- Understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of SQL; experience working with SQL strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor's degree in related field desired or related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Strongly Desired Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrated passion for learning and drive to succeed with a high degree of diligence and thoughtfulness
- Ability to effectively manage a varied and busy workload and to meet deadlines
- Enjoys creatively using technology to find and measure meaningful results
- Goes above and beyond to mentor and help others
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Friendly, positive personality and excellent interpersonal skills
- Creates positive and collaborative team environment
- Must have excellent follow through and pay meticulous attention to detail
- Interest in the cinema and film distribution industry
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. We offer:
- Medical, Dental and Vision cover
- 401(k) with company match
- Pet Insurance
- Free Parking or commuter reimbursement
- Cool movie perks
- Great office culture with organized social outings and activities
Sound like you? Apply today!
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AddressBeverly Hills, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Vista Group