Director of Facilities
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Get to know us:
For over 100 years, Vista Del Mar Child & Family Services (VDM) has taken great pride in providing exceptional programs and services for children and families throughout LA County. VDM envisions a community where all children and families are equipped and prepared to live productive, fulfilling lives. We serve the most vulnerable in Los Angeles, many of whom have faced multi-generational inequities. Vista Del Mar is guided by core values of empowerment, equity, and excellence.
At Vista Del Mar, our success is powered by our staff, families, residents, and clients that we serve. We believe in the equity of BIPOC and recognize the struggles of injustice and inequity and stand in the breach to fight them. We will continue to strongly advocate to change racist systems that oppress staff, clients, and families in our community. Our actions will be louder than our words. Vista commits to meeting these moments.
Vista Del Mar provides a trauma-responsive continuum of services to empower children, youth, and families in Southern California to lead fulfilling lives.
Director of Facilities oversees the design, planning, construction, and maintenance of an organization’s facilities and properties while providing routine maintenance, responding to emergencies, and managing risks. Responsible for developing budgets, policies, procedures, and long-range facilities plans based on agency growth and future needs. Being a Director of Facilities oversees the functioning of all agency grounds (including satellite offices), building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, transportation, equipment, and waste management. Additionally, Director of Facilities oversees contractors involved in facilities projects and delivery of services. Ensures building operations comply with all local zoning laws and regulations. Reports to the COO.
What You Bring to VDM:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in “trades”, construction, or related fields with responsibilities in facilities management.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic tasks in electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Ability to organize and direct a major department of a large facility.
- Minimum of 3 years in supervisory position dealing with facility services.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of construction, architectural drawings, government permits, etc.,
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- COVID Vaccination Card (fully vaccinated) required.
What Can We Offer You for All Your Hard Work?
- Full benefits offered (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- FSA/Dependent Care and Supplemental benefits through Guardian
- 403(b) – 3% Employer contribution based off annual salary
- 4 Flex Days
- Up to 12 Paid Holidays
- Up to 25% for Cell Phone Discounts with 3 Major Carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint)
Vista Del Mar’s Credentials:
Our nationally recognized clinical programs have been awarded a Gold Seal by the Joint Commission, the highest level of accreditation possible. In addition, our educational facilities are fully accredited through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and our graduate degree program is recognized worldwide for its high quality of instructions.
Equal Employment Statement
Vista Del Mar is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. Therefore, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Vista Del Mar will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations as part of this commitment.
Vista Del Mar Child & Family Services
3200 Motor AvenueLos Angeles, CA
Get fresh Director School Facilities jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.