Substitute Teacher (No Substitute License Required)
Vista College Prep Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why Join Team VCP:
Vista College Prep is a growing network of high-performing tuition-free public charter schools in historically underserved communities of Phoenix. VCP was founded in 2013 with the belief that demographics do not determine destiny and that all students deserve an excellent education.
Our organization is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. We believe that diversity is crucial for effecting lasting change, is one of VCP’s greatest strengths, and that the full potential of our diverse network will be reached only when we are an inclusive community.
What sets us apart? Our small class sizes, family engagement, rigorous curriculum, targeted professional development, and-most of all-our mission-aligned team. VCP staff are committed to anti-racism and educational equity, more than ever as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. VCP’s joyful, urgent, intentional culture underscores all we do to make our schools a proof point for what is possible for our growing community of students in Arizona. Join us!
Substitute Teachers provide instruction to students based on detailed lesson plans and structured classroom routines in the event of teacher absence. In this role, you will receive individualized coaching, opportunities to observe highly skilled teachers, and continual teaching opportunities across subject areas. Substitute Teaching roles are available for our K-4th grade elementary schools and 5th-8th grade middle school.
- Build positive relationships with students grounded in respect, enthusiasm, achievement, courage, hard work and self-determination through structured social-emotional learning;
- Implement rigorous, standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with an end goal of student performance at or above grade level expectations;
- Teach and maintain school-wide systems, rules and consequences, and rewards;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions as assigned;
- Communicate effectively and proactively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Belief in the Vista College Prep mission and educational model;
- Enthusiasm for teaching academic content;
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance;
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills;
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED;
- Valid IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- No Substitute License Required
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package, and comprehensive health and retirement benefits for qualifying employees. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including all curricular materials, relevant and quality professional development, laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Apply Today! Email a resume to Ginger Colby at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information, please visit our website: www.vistacollegeprep.org.
Vista College Prep is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an organization that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), genetics, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by law. We believe that diverse teams build better outcomes, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to our success and the success of our students, and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees.
Powered by JazzHR
Vista College Prep
EducationView all jobs at Vista College Prep