Special Education Teacher
Vista College Prep Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Vista College Prep is growing and hiring mission-aligned candidates with a variety of educational and professional backgrounds – no teaching experience or certification required!
Why Join Team VCP:
Vista College Prep is a growing network of high-performing tuition-free Title I public charter schools in historically underserved communities of Phoenix. VCP was founded in 2013 with the belief that demographics to do not determine destiny and that all students deserve an excellent education.
What sets us apart? Our small class sizes, family engagement, rigorous curriculum, targeted professional development, and - most of all - our mission-aligned team. VCP staff are committed to closing the achievement gap, and we are honored to share that our flagship campus recently earned an 'A' rating for a 3rd consecutive year, in addition to being the only 2018 National Blue Ribbon School in Phoenix. VCP's joyful, urgent, intentional culture underscores all we do to make our schools a proof point for what is possible for all students in Arizona. Join us!
Special Education Resource Teachers support students and staff through co-planning, co-teaching, inclusion, and pull-out support for students receiving special education services. In this role, you will build relationships that help instill the joy of life-long learning in our scholars, collaborate closely with instructional staff and your students’ families to ensure VCP is meeting and exceeding the educational needs of all our scholars.
- Develop and implement rigorous, standards-aligned IEPs and 504 plans with targeted goals tied to grade level expectations for all students in case load, revising as updating as needed or, at minimum, annually;
- Build positive relationships with students grounded in respect, enthusiasm, achievement, courage, hard work and self-determination through structured social-emotional learning;
- Teach and maintain school-wide systems, rules and consequences, and rewards;
- Serve as an inclusion teacher as needed to more effectively support the learning abilities of all students;
- Collaborate with general education teachers and school staff to ensure appropriate differentiation of curriculum and delivery of accommodations and modifications per IEPs and 504 Plans of students in case load;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Communicate effectively and proactively with students, families, and colleagues;
- Analyze student achievement data collaboratively with coach and colleagues to critically and strategically respond to the learning needs of students;
- Manage Special Education-related compliance and documentation, including but not limited to meeting requests, signed IEP Progress Reports, evaluations, Teacher Input Questionnaires, and Special Education files;
- Coordinate with Student Success Team and contracted providers, including but not limited to Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, and School Psychologist as needed;
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices, using school’s teacher performance rubric as a guide;
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of IEP/504 Plan goals; and,
- Participate in annual three-week staff training.
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects and for supporting students with exceptional needs;
- Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in their current field;
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance;
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Valid Arizona Special Education Teaching Certificate;
- Valid IVP fingerprint clearance card.
We offer a competitive compensation package, and comprehensive health benefits. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including all curricular materials, relevant and quality professional development, laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Powered by JazzHR
Vista College Prep
EducationView all jobs at Vista College Prep