Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the following contract to hire opportunities located in the folowing locations: Denver, CO; Reston, VA; or Washington, DC.
We have 3 positions to fill.
(3) Security Information and Event Management Engineer
- These are full-time positions, located in one of the following 3 locations:
- Denver, CO; Reston, VA; or Washington, DC
- 3 month contract with Visium Resources, Inc. and then direct with the client.
Full benefits once direct/perm with client
They offer: Salaries, benefits, incentives and stock options, holiday and paid personal days, bereavement leave, jury duty and military leave, health, dental, vision, flexible spending, health reimbursement arrangements, employee wellness, life insurance and AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, tuition assistance, training, 401k, Equity Incentive plan, performance bonus, etc.
Candidates will be operating and maintaining IT Systems and services, including Windows and Linux servers, network devices, server applications, etc. They will perform Solutions Engineering: Gather requirements; Identify and research best solutions; Design architecture; Acquire resources and knowledge; Build solutions; Solutions testing; and gain customer approval. They will perform basic project management including Technical Writing and creation of formal documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), reports, training materials, slide decks, and architecture diagrams.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant technical experience.
- Demonstrated experience installing, designing, operating, and maintaining SIEM systems, Splunk and Elastic, as well as operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.), networks and network devices, and security appliances.
- Experience with IBM BigFix (now an HCL product).
- Ability to automate repetitive tasks and produce effective processes that allow others to deploy the solutions they create.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully spearheading technical projects.
- Demonstrated history of problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Experience in designing and operating both open-source and commercial solutions.
- Familiarity with system and application logs, and experience using them for troubleshooting and/or identifying problems.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
No Security Clearance needed; however, candidate must be able to pass a background check.
This is a full-time position located in one of the following 3 locations:
Denver, CO; Reston, VA; or Washington, DC.