Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the following Electronics Repair Technician position, located in Piscataway, NJ.
Electronics Repair Technician II is responsible for the intermediate electronic maintenance, test, repairs, services, and modifications of electronic equipment in accordance with FAA regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoots and repairs electronic equipment to component level in accordance with FAA regulations and company IPM (Inspections Procedures Manual)
- Modifies equipment according to service bulletin and/or manufacturer documentation
- Works independently or in collaboration with experienced electronics technicians
- Carries out prescribed procedures according to an established schedule
- Receives training in the use of more specialized test equipment
- Follows specific layout and schematic diagrams to repair and maintain simple or advanced devices or subunits of equipment and schematic diagrams such as power supplies, oscillators, amplifiers, etc.
- Work is reviewed by Technician IV, manager, and inspectors
- May work on alternative assignments with detailed written or oral instructions
- Completes quality and production paper work, prepares estimates, and maintains maintenance documentation in accordance with current quality assurance requirements
- Participates in Technician cross training programs and may be assigned to other teams for short or long term assignments
- Completes repairs in accordance with company ISO procedures and within company objectives
- Review work orders to ensure customer requested activities have been complied with, prior to release of the repair
Qualified candidates would have the following:
- 2nd shift position - M-F, 3pm - 11pm. OT is limited and carefully scrutinized.
- Education: Two years (associate ) or equivalent (military courses...). Most of our techs have at least engineering degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years repair experience on electronics to a component level.
- Preferred in the commercial airline and/or aviation products support or a two (2) year college level degree in electronics related field.
- Must have understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations and other governing regulatory requirements
- Able to meticulously document incoming product condition and maintenance activities
- Pass a seven (7) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Familiarity with both analog and digital electronics, hardware and software
- Must have experience using a PC (personal computer)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and wiring diagrams
- Ability to understand and speak English in order to read technical literature, follow oral instructions and communicate with cross functional team members.
- Required to have an understanding of electronic theories and techniques and familiarity with standard electronic components Ability to use basic and advanced test instruments and perform adjustments as necessary Willing to think out-of-the-box to solve operational and technical problems
- Type Equipment/Software Used Manual and Automatic Test Benches, PC, oscilloscope, and multimeters
Position subject to FAA drug program requirements
Occasional overtime and flexibility in work schedule Some stress may occur
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
MUST PASS ELECTRICAL THEORY TEST DURING INTERVIEW - MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
Technical Test subjects: 1. Digital logic 2. Analog logic 3. Power supply 4. RMS logic 5. Ohms law 6. Value of Capacitors and Resistor 7. Understanding how a Zener diode works.
Visium Resources, Inc.
Why Work Here?Visium Resources is an award-winning employment firm with a mission to match talented individuals with highly successful organizations. At Visium, our company’s success is based on your success. When you work with us, you are never “just a number”. You are our most important asset. Here, you will know us by name through our regular visits to client sites and even occasional luncheons. We will always be there when you need assistance and will always go the extra mile to ensure that you are as successful as possible. Whether you're looking for contract, contract-to-hire or permanent opportunities, we firmly believe there is no employment agency that will work harder for you than Visium. Visium Resources is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Excellent customer service, attention to detail and wonderful work experience and environment!