job id# 8300
Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the following position.
The Contingent Workforce Qualification Specialist is a strategic and consultative individual motivated to drive continuous process efficiencies while mitigating financial and legal risks for The Walt Disney Company. As a team member, the Qualification Specialist will leverage industry standards and build collaborative partnerships with internal stakeholders to qualify and process independent contractor (IC) requests. This role serves as an advisor to The Walt Disney Company businesses regarding non-employee policies and processes in a fast-paced, creative and dynamic environment.
- Execute the contingent workforce vetting process to determine appropriate classifications, thereby mitigating associated risk
- Collaborate with Managers and HR Business Partners to develop a strong understanding of company and objectives
- Develop, maintain, and demonstrate working knowledge of the business
- Liaise with ICs, engaging managers, HR partners and other internal stakeholders to resolve pre- and post-qualification issues.
- Drive action through a consultative “influence without authority” approach
- Collaborate with stakeholders to execute non-employee resource strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth
- Coach engaging managers and other stakeholders on HR policies and processes for non-employee needs
- Recognize potential legal, compliance and financial risks, and escalate them to the appropriate functional partners for solution-driven assessments
- Partner with the Qualification Specialist team to drive operational improvements
- Analyze trends and metrics as needed in connection with data requests and recommend best practices for future business demands
- Update and maintain files according to strict departmental standards to ensure compliance with current legislation is maintained
- 5+ years of related industry experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Previous experience vetting Independent Contractors within a forward thinking and progressively changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize and analyze multiple projects in a detail-oriented, high volume and deadline driven environment in order to support a breadth of business segments
- Demonstrate discretion and preservation of highly confidential information
- Ability to execute standardized practices
- Must have the confidence to be an authentic thought-partner with the ability to consult, educate and engage stakeholders on processes
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal ) to support change management and legal compliance
- Able to thrive in a changing environment and enjoy continuous learning
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills desired.
- Experience with data manipulation and Excel formulas (V-lookup, Pivot Tables,
- Associate’s degree or paralegal degree/certification