Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the following contract to hire opportunity located inHuntsville, AL
BMDED General Engineer V - Ballistic Missile Defense Evaluation Directorate
3-month contract with Visium Resources, Inc. and then direct with the client.
Full benefits once direct/perm with client
They offer: Salaries, benefits, incentives and stock options, holiday and paid personal days, bereavement leave, jury duty and military leave, health, dental, vision, flexible spending, health reimbursement arrangements, employee wellness, life insurance and AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, tuition assistance, training, 401k, relocation assistance, Equity Incentive plan, performance bonus, etc.
BMDED General Engineer V:
This engineering position is in support of the effectiveness evaluation of Ballistic Missile Defense Evaluation Directorate (BMDED).
Independently plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria; Analyzes complex features of the work and applies principles and practices of the discipline, or devises new approaches in problem solutions; Thoroughly reviews all results from assigned tasks and determine if outputs are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented; and independently prepares (or directs others in the preparation of), computation/analyses, specifications, and technical reports in the specific area of technical expertise; Selects and applies engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity; and reviews and evaluates the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from accomplishment of engineering tasks. Plans, designs, coordinates, executes, monitors, evaluates and reports test and evaluation of materiel, incorporating state-of-the-art technology and requiring substantial deviation from established test procedures and/or development of new test capability or instrumentation systems. Performs fundamental research, feasibility, engineering design or development of tests. Performs independently on projects having the characteristics described above. Attends meetings and conferences that relate to assigned area of responsibility and assists in the isolation and resolution of controversial and novel issues regarding items being developed and tested. Informs Government personnel about matters covered during meetings and information provided and received. Assists in scheduling tests and coordinating support requirements with test scheduling office and supporting organizational elements. Observes or participates in the execution of assigned tests as required. Monitors performance of the test item and adequacy of data collection, and facilitates range, test course and laboratory safety. Coordinates with others to assure all safety, security, environmental and community concerns are adequately addressed. Reviews the data collected for completeness, accuracy and validity. Analyzes test data in terms of serviceability, cost conditions where the item will be developed, etc., and prepares final test report outlining problem areas revealed during the test and making recommendations and conclusions as to the suitability of the materiel being tested. Due to the uniqueness and complexity of materiel being tested, the incumbent is required to prepare intricate, detailed and interpretative analysis of test results.
Qualified candidates would have the following:
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- An Active Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility is required.
- Must possess a Master’s Degree in engineering specialization or related discipline and twenty years applicable experience; or a Doctorate Degree in engineering specialization or related discipline and fifteen years applicable experience.
- Experience in DoD integrated test philosophy, test regulations, and coordinated test and evaluation programs are required.
- Must be familiar with DoD drawings, specifications practices, formats and procedures.
- Must have five years of experience leading/supervising.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last ten years in any combination in the following areas:
- Developmental test (DT), operational test (OT), and evaluation methods for Army and Joint Service missile defense systems and programs to include but not limited to: radar technology, missile booster dynamics, kill vehicle functions, hypersonic vehicle dynamics, directed energy defense systems, command and control of missile defense systems, missile defense system interoperability, spaced based sensor platforms, missile defense system analysis, or missile defense system operational assessment.
- Experience is defined as activities to include T&E planning, test execution, data collection during test, evaluation of test or modeling data, and development of evaluation analysis plans and reports; Integrating Army and Joint Service system acquisition documentation in the development of DOD system acquisition products for T&E of BMDS systems and sub-systems. (Examples include BMDS Operational Assessment (OA) Report, BMDS Operational Assessment Plan (OAP), Data Management and Analysis Plan (DMAP), Evaluation Database (EDB), Evaluation Scenario Presentations, Evaluation Dendritic, Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E), Baseline Correlation Matrix (BCM), Data Source Matrix (DSM), BMDS OTA Scenario Quad Charts, BMDS OTA Traceability Matrix, OT&E chapter of the Integrated Master Test Plan (IMTP) Assessment Reports, Safety Releases, and Safety Confirmations). Application of modeling and simulation (M&S) as applied to the BMDS.
- Conduct accreditation assessment for all M&S used in Missile Defense Agency (MDA) tests by ensuring that the verification and validation (V&V) activities provide evidence to demonstrate that the M&S are representing the real-world system and are suitable for operational performance assessments. Accreditation assessment activities include but are not limited to BMDS Federation of models, framework verification, threat implementation accreditation, core truth models, communication models, sensor models and weapon system models.
- Provide accreditation report of events and a comprehensive report of accreditation for each major incremental delivery of the BMDS.
- Conducting cybersecurity operational testing and monitoring developmental cyber testing.
- Report directly to DOT&E regarding testing outlined in DOT&E memo.
- Inform warfighter and services of cyber vulnerabilities, the degree to which those vulnerabilities could be exploited by an element, mission networks, and network defense capabilities to protect, detect, react, and restore against a cyber-attack using representative threat models and vectors.
- Produce cybersecurity assessment reports linked to each test event.
- Oral and written communication such as briefings, writing technical papers, etc. for BMDS.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
An Active Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility is required.
This is a full-time position located in Huntsville, AL.
Visium Resources, Inc.
Why Work Here?Visium Resources is an award-winning employment firm with a mission to match talented individuals with highly successful organizations. At Visium, our company’s success is based on your success. When you work with us, you are never “just a number”. You are our most important asset. Here, you will know us by name through our regular visits to client sites and even occasional luncheons. We will always be there when you need assistance and will always go the extra mile to ensure that you are as successful as possible. Whether you're looking for contract, contract-to-hire or permanent opportunities, we firmly believe there is no employment agency that will work harder for you than Visium. Visium Resources is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Excellent customer service, attention to detail and wonderful work experience and environment!