Client Care Coordinator
POSITION PURPOSE: The Client Care Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of services including, but not limited, to: implementing schedules, ensuring adequate staffing and guaranteeing continuity of care that results in superior client care as well as caregiver and client satisfaction. The Client Care Coordinator reports directly to: the director of operations
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities described below do not represent a comprehensive list for the position. Additional tasks may be assigned periodically as necessitated by the business demands.
· Answer the telephone and greet the public.
· Be dependable: arrive on time and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
· Recruit and advertise for direct care staff.
· Process applications and check references. Conduct criminal background checks for potential employees. Schedule interviews for potential employees with appropriate supervisor. Ensure TB tests are obtained upon hire and annual testing records maintained.
· Conduct new caregiver staff orientation.
· Schedule caregiver staff for hours of service on new clients and open hours/shifts on existing cases. Ensure consistency in caregiver scheduling.
· Maintain computer schedules and timely data entry for schedules and client information.
· Ensure that employee files are complete by entering appropriate information into the scheduling system in a timely manner.
· Maintain and appropriately file documentation on all current and past clients.
· Monitor employee attendance and track time records on a daily basis. Counsel staff regarding tardiness and correct use of time clock system. Make appropriate corrections to the system to facilitate accurate payroll processing.
· Maintain computer schedules and ensure timely data entry for schedules and client information.
· Ensure timely copying and filing of appropriate caregiver and client documentation.
· Participate in 90-day and annual evaluations of caregiver staff.
· Recognize and reward good job performance and promote caregiver recognition.
· Maintain positive relationships with clients and referral sources.
· Independently respond to and resolve client complaints and concerns.
· Communicate and refer appropriate matters to the Director for additional guidance.
· Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to employees, clients and client’s families.
· Communicate and reinforce Visiting Angels’ policies and procedures, Basic 12 and the Points System to caregiver staff.
· Manage on-call evening and weekend care, as directed. Keep on-call materials current with client information, instructions and directions, current roster of care and roster of active direct care staff. Prepare and maintain the on-call log, client and employee records. Manage calls in accordance with the company policies.
· Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
· Perform other functions, as deemed appropriate by the management team.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· High school diploma and two years of experience in an office setting, preferably in private duty homecare.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) applications, scheduling systems and other healthcare industry-related software.
· Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently, and diplomatically - both orally and in writing.
· Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm and maintain a sense of humor in all situations.
· Present a well-groomed image that reflects the professionalism of the business.
· Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, delegate and accurately complete work activities within specific deadlines while appropriately managing interruptions.
· Work independently with a minimum direction and/or supervision after training.
· Ability to generate goodwill for the Agency with staff, clients, their family members and referral sources. Demonstrate a strong commitment to client service excellence.
· Ability to lawfully work in the U.S.
· Combination of sitting, standing, bending, reaching, stretching, stooping, walking, climbing stairs and moving intermittently during working hours.
· Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs., if working with clients.
· Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that enable these senses to function adequately to fully meet requirements of this position.
· Must be able to properly operate office equipment.
· Must be able to maintain verbal and written communication with co-workers, leadership team, supervisors, clients, family members, vendors and all business associates within or outside the Agency.
· Successful completion and ongoing compliance with all licensing, certification, continuous education, background testing, drug and alcohol testing, OIG and health assessments as may be required under federal, state, or local law or per employer policy.
Visiting AngelsVisiting Angels is a national, private duty network of home care agencies. We are proud to be the nation's leading provider of essential personal senior home care services. Our Angels provide in-home care, respite care, senior personal care, elderly care, companion care, and elder care services.