Client / Care Manager:
POSITION PURPOSE: The Client Care Manager is responsible for the day-to-day office operations including but not limited to scheduling, customer service, maintaining proper documentation, and fulfilling the company practices and objectives that result in superior client care as well as caregiver satisfaction and retention. The position reports to the owner Tom Hilbrich.
CLASSIFICATION: This position is Non-Exempt and is salaried
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: All hired caregivers will report/communicate with this person as expected through their own position responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities described below do not represent a comprehensive list for this position. Additional tasks may be assigned periodically as necessitated by business demands.
· Maintain company standards in providing superior patient care by implementing high- quality care standards and exceptional customer service.
· Recruit and advertise for caregivers.
· Thoroughly screen and interview prospective caregiver applicants. Determine best candidates for positions and take the next steps in the hiring process. Effectively recommend applicants for acceptance or rejection.
· Conduct new caregiver staff orientation.
· Determine work assignments and schedule caregivers as required. Supervise caregiver daily activities. Counsel employees on company disciplinary policies. Conduct performance reviews.
· Schedule caregiver staff for hours of service on new clients and open hours/shifts on existing cases. Ensure consistency in caregiver scheduling.
· Maintain computer schedules and ensure timely data entry for schedules and client information.
· Monitor time record logs on a daily basis. Counsel staff regarding tardiness and correct use of time clock system. Make the appropriate corrections to the system to facilitate accurate payroll processing.
· Conduct regularly-scheduled, follow-up telephone calls to clients to ensure high satisfaction.
· Prepare managerial reports within required timelines.
· Ensure employee files are complete and enter the appropriate information into the scheduling system.
· Ensure timely use and execution of Payroll System on a bi-weekly basis using chosen vendor.
· Maintain documentation on all current and past clients.
· Receive and process referrals and inquires. Communicate appropriate and accurate information regarding the scope of service to the prospective client. Complete the required documentation.
· Follow up on pending leads.
· Recognize and reward good job performance and promote caregiver recognition.
· Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to employees, clients and client’s families.
· Maintain positive relationships with all clients and referral sources.
· Independently respond to and resolve client complaints and concerns.
· Communicate and refer appropriate matters to the Director for additional guidance.
· Manage on-call evenings and weekends, as directed. Keep on-call materials current with client information, instructions and directions, the current roster of care and list of active direct care staff. Prepare and maintain the on-call log, client and employee records. Manage calls by following company policies.
· Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
· Perform other functions as deemed appropriate by the management team.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Prefer Associate’s Degree with a minimum of two years of experience in an office setting, preferably health or HomeCare.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) applications, scheduling systems and other healthcare industry-related software.
· Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically – both orally and in writing.
· Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm and maintain a sense of humor in all situations.
· Present a well-groomed image that reflects the professionalism of the business.
· Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, delegate, and accurately complete work activities within specific deadlines while managing interruptions.
· Work independently and proactively with minimum direction and/or supervision.
· Ability to generate goodwill for the agency with clients, their family members and referral sources. Demonstrate a strong commitment to client service excellence.
· Ability to lawfully work in the U.S.
· Combination of sitting, standing, bending, reaching, stretching, stooping, walking, climbing stairs and moving intermittently during working hours.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., if working with clients.
· Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that enable these senses to function adequately to fully meet the requirements of this position.
· Must be able to properly operate office equipment.