Customer and Partnership Services Internship - Spring / Summer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dates: May-August 2023
Location: Detroit, MI
Position Type: Paid Internship
Hours: Interns will be expected to work up to 32 hours per week from May to August. Before or during Familiarization Tours (FAM), events, press trips and group tour visits, hours may exceed 40 hours in one week and could involve some nights and weekends.
Reports To: Vice President, Customer/Partner Services
Description of Duties:
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Navigation of the partnership database for profile changes and communication with membership contact.
- Learn various hospitality industry-related terminology and practices.
- Elements of convention and event support for the following: (ROSE Awards, and site visits).
- All aspects of group welcome programs and how to facilitate the print production of signage to welcome incoming conventions, meetings, and events.
- Destination services (D-Rover) mobile visitors center assists cruise ship arrivals (May-August), Grand Prix- Belle Isle (June 2-4), and any additional events.
- Assisting in the Call Center and fulfillment of visitor requests and packages.
- Assisting with the volunteer program.
- Develop business writing skills.
- Professionally represent Visit Detroit at events.
- Create and maintain files for data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics Required of the Internship
- Maintain dependable, consistent, and acceptable attendance and performance standards while working 3 days onsite and 2 days remote at home office.
- Unrestricted, valid Michigan driver’s license and ability to drive larger vehicle (D-Rover) and satisfactory driving history.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize projects.
- A self-motivated individual who works well independently.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude in a business environment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must demonstrate the highest level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Two years of a combination of formal education and work experience.
- Hospitality or event planning experience/education.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Extended periods of sitting and standing with occasional extended periods of walking.
- Prolonged use of desktop/laptop computer and peripheral equipment.
- Occasional to frequent bending, stooping, standing, and carrying.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Occasional work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Get fresh Summer Environmental Internships jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.