More information about our school can be found by visiting www.viedu.org
We have a very generous, competitive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid Medical/Dental/Vision (single), Retirement (CalPERS), Vacation (10 days), Sick and Holiday - with 2 weeks of paid time off over the holiday season.
PROGRAMMER/sYSTEMS ANALYST 1 Bachelor’s degree in computer science (4-year accredited university) OR Four years experience with Python, Angular or PHP5 object-oriented coding, MySQL relational database schema design/ maintenance and Apache configuration/ maintenance.
Please include resume, two letters of recommendation (if available), and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you want to work for Visions In Education Charter School.
This position will work at our office in Carmichael, CA.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS This series describes two classifications that have the responsibility for all functions associated with the Information Technology Department’s organizational support infrastructure, including the design and development of current and future architectural direction of the systems and programs, the design and development of databases and related files, and LAMP development. Incumbents also perform other duties as assigned.
The following fields exist in this series: ● Systems Administration ● Network Administration ● Database Administration ● Web Development and Maintenance
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS Within this series, each higher-level classification is expected to perform the level of work assigned to the class (see below) as well as have knowledge of and be able to perform the work of the lower classification(s). Any one position may not include all the duties listed nor do all of the listed examples include all the tasks that may be found in positions of each class.
PROGRAMMER/SYSTEMS ANALYST 1: Under general supervision, performs highly technical tasks by applying a broad range of knowledge and expertise of principles, practices, procedures and guidelines for a particular function or for more difficult and complex assignments; assists in the development and design of smaller projects; works independently on small or large projects; solves all but the most difficult or complex problems and issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR PROGRAMMER/SYSTEMS ANALYST 1:
● Develops, administers and maintains computer database, web and network, including standards and procedures.
● Maintains current hardware architecture and software.
● Evaluates, designs, develops, monitors, implements and maintains computer software applications.
● Installs, configures, administers, maintains and upgrades workstations and LAN/WAN networks.
● Administers and maintains the DNS.
● Designs, implements, monitors and maintains LAMP based applications.
● Developing a variety of high-level and sophisticated web-based applications built in PHP and MYSQL or related technologies to support systems and operations.
● Maintains access to the systems and undertakes software updates and corrections.
● Plans and maintains information storage and retrieval.
● Manage code repository in a team environment using a Version Control System such as Subversion and Git.
● Maintains confidentiality.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: PROGRAMMER/SYSTEMS ANALYST 1:
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science (4-year accredited university) OR
● Four years experience with PHP5 object-oriented coding, MySQL relational database schema design/ maintenance and Apache configuration/ maintenance.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: PROGRAMMER/SYSTEMS ANALYST 1:
● Knowledge of or ability to learn, interpret and apply Visions In Education’s objectives, policies, procedures, rules, regulations and operations.
● Knowledge of or ability to learn and use applicable sections of the California Education Code, Charter law and other pertinent laws.
● Knowledge of computer hardware, software applications, computer OS, operations, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a particular emphasis on the ability to communicate to non technical personnel
● Well versed in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, design patterns, ability to pick up existing code quickly ● Knowledge TCP/IP networking concepts.
● Ability to use analytical and problem-solving skills and good judgment in a variety of scenarios.
● Skill and ability to use tact, patience and courtesy in interpersonal relations and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective work relations with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
● Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment, and be held accountable for results.
● Skill and ability to plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize and handle multiple tasks, work under pressure and PROGRAMMER/SYSTEMS ANALYST SERIES 3 work with priorities/deadlines subject to changes and frequent interruptions.
● Ability to maintain a professional attitude a strong customer service focus at all times, with a strong desire to succeed and solve problems.
● Ability to troubleshoot problems in person, over the phone, and via email.
● Ability to work closely with business and project leaders to meet project goals.
● Working knowledge of Free BSD, MySQL, HTTP and LAMP environment.
● Knowledge of principles of analysis and design of computer systems and procedures.
● Skill, knowledge and ability to perform data troubleshooting and data manipulation tasks.
● Knowledge of and skill in performing backup and recovery processes.
● Ability to distinguish between server side and client side applications.
● Skill, knowledge and ability to perform database server configuration, installation, upgrades and maintenance.
● Skill, knowledge and ability to perform server side administrative tasks.
● Knowledge and experience in disaster recovery planning and implementation.
● Ability to effectively document and maintain a working knowledge of all deployed applications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES The physical requirements below are necessary to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable a person with a disability to perform these functions.
● Work environment is a combination of an office setting and occasional travel. Requires willingness and ability to work effectively and move about in an office and travel to local areas and surrounding counties.
● Physical, mental and emotional stamina to work up to an eight-hour shift under sometimes stressful conditions, with frequent distractions and interruptions.
● Ability to deal with angry/upset people in a calm and professional manner.
● Sufficient hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to use a wide variety of office and computer equipment, to keyboard and write, file and maintain records.
● Sufficient hearing to conduct in-person and telephone conversations.
● Ability to speak in an understandable voice with sufficient volume to be heard in normal conversational distance, on the telephone and in addressing groups.
● Ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to an 8 hour shift (with the exception of breaks and lunch).
● Sufficient mobility to lift, carry, bend, stoop, push/pull, stand and walk to install, repair and transport computer hardware.
● Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on an intermittent basis.
● Sufficient mobility to enter/exit a vehicle and drive to various locations locally and to surrounding counties.