Senior Java Developer Full Stack
Visionary Technology Consultants Linthicum, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Visionary Technology Consultants is looking for experienced candidates for the role of Senior Full Stack Java Developer to support agile based application development activities including requirement analysis, functional design, and technical design as well as testing related activities across eligibility & enrollment, child welfare, child support, adult protective services, and juvenile services.
*This a fully remote opportunity open to any candidate with a desire to support local government operations. Successful candidates will be required to visit our Linthicum, MD location for a single day orientation, fingerprinting, and collect equipment necessary to complete duties*
**This position will be open only for 72 hours as we need to fill this need ASAP**
***Please review the education, experience, and knowledge needed to ensure this is the appropriate role for you as the hiring team will require details/examples on how you meet the skills listed***
- Design, develop and implement complex solutions based on Java technology and related frameworks.
- Assist in the system integration of components.
- Translate applications requirements into web-based solutions using the recommended frameworks and technology.
- Integrate the components using Web Services, EJB, REST SOAP and other techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related technical discipline is required. Master's Degree preferred.
- 8+ years experience in designing and developing application in Java
- 5+ years experience in developing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience in Java/J2EE, REST web services, JPA and unit testing code coverage.
- Extensive experience in Framework such as spring, Hibernate.
- Experience in building back-end application code that interfaces with other systems, services and APIs/RESTful APIs
- Experience in build and integration tools such as Maven and Jenkins etc. and source control tools like Git.
- Experience writing business rules and business logic.
- Experience in Child Support programs, Integrated Eligibility and/or Health & Human Services domain.
- Experience working in cloud platforms and services such as Amazon Web Services, DevOps and containerized cloud environments is preferred.
- Experience with code reviews and continuous test-driven development.
- Knowledge in developing shell scripting.
- Knowledge in application server such as JBOSS/Tomcat.
- Must have knowledge in building applications with concurrency.
- Must have knowledge of Spring Component and Spring Framework.
- Oracle Certified Professional certification, Java SE 8 Programmer
Visionary Technology ConsultantsWhy Work Here?
Looking for a professional work team and environment to share your skills with? This is your where you want to be!
Visionary Technology Consultants (VTC) is a Minority and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). We provide innovative technology management and human resource services to our partners in the government and commercial spheres, covering arenas spanning defense, health, education, finance, entertainment, and technology. Our proven solutions have enabled our customers to keep pace with the rapid evolutions in technology and maximize their people and product investments. Our distinctive approaches respond to the challenges faced by all organizations to continually improve operational efficiency while minimizing operating costs.