Our client in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for a Software Engineer or Sr. Software Engineer with focus on QUALITY + development experience to build automated tests. Dev experience for the QA Engineer is a MUST as the candidate should be able to set up users for running automated tests.
Job Role and Description:
· Ensure high quality of our product and codebase by manual and modern automated testing practices/processes (e.g., E2E, contract testing, etc.).
· Lead the design, development, and execution of Java automated tests and infrastructure in a multi-tiered, web-based, microservices environment.
· Build or setup test users with current product requirements enabling other QA team members to progress with building automated tests.
· Work across teams to triage and isolate complex bugs and incorporate automated tests to our current infra.
· Passion for quality and automated testing.
· 3+ years of automated Quality Assurance experience, ideally in a complex multi-tiered, web-based, microservices environment.
· 3+ years of demonstrated Java programming experience, including writing complex Integration, service, and e2e tests of the back end and REST API’s.
· Experience in enhancing and testing REST API’s and JSON payloads.
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
· Test user setups and testing in a monolith, microservices, AWS environment.
· Financial domain knowledge, testing experience of financial applications, or a desire to learn.
· Experience with NoSQL databases.