VTC is hiring a PMO Specialist for a project with the State of MD contingent upon winning a proposal. In person interviews will take place in Linthicum, MD. Proof of education and certification will be required.
Note: As needed, place of performance may be temporarily at the DHS Baltimore location in addition to 100 Community Place, Crownsville, MD 20132.
· Set-up and lead meetings, maintain minutes, follow up on action items, and balance multiple work items at once.
· Use MS Office Suite to create well-formatted reports and presentations.
· Track and follow-up with functional and technical leads on decisions and action items.
· Track and coordinate deadlines and submissions of unique as well as recurring programmatic events.
· Work with teams to identify project performance bottlenecks, work with teams and leads to address and resolve them.
· Assist with change and configuration management artifacts, and communication of change notification to appropriate stakeholders.
· Assist with performance and portfolio management with PMO leads and agile governance team.
· Promote enterprise wide implementation of agile best practices.
· Serve as PMO liaison to the various release trains.
· Understand, accept, and deliver any program management related task on time and in the required format.
· Update and manage PMO artifacts repository and archive.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Information Systems, or other related discipline
· Three (3) years of experience in administration, project management, customer facing assignments, content data or records management or related experience in a related field.
· Strong in Microsoft Suite, including MS Visio.
· Knowledge of project management related documentation, instructions, policies, directives, and procedures.
· Knowledge of agile scrum methodology and/ or Certified Scrum Master, Safe Agilist certification preferred.
· Knowledge of established project management methodology in IT or related domain.
· Knowledge of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in major IT or related projects.
· Experience in producing high-quality documentation using MS Office Suite using industry standard notations and formats.
· Experience with development of high-quality reports and presentations in MS PowerPoint.
· Conversant with creating business process workflows in MS Visio.
· Demonstrated experience with basic data organization, creating tables and charts in MS Excel, and conversant with established data labeling conventions.
· Demonstrated track record of delivering tasks and assignments in complete form and within deadline.
· Excellent communicator, team player, eager to learn new skills and mindful of response times.
· Keen eye for details, and meticulous with copy-editing documents and artifacts.
· Functional experience with local or government Child Support, Integrated Eligibility, Child Welfare, Adult Protective Services, Juvenile Justice or Health and Human Services projects.