Vision Quest is seeking a Youth and Family Specialist for the HomeQuest program in Dover, DE. A good candidate for this position will live in Kent/Sussex County and be open to driving long distances. The Youth and Family Specialist provides services to youth at the direction of the Program Supervisor to fulfill the services requested by Delaware DSCYF Probation Officers (POs) for youth referred.
- Meets ongoing with Program Supervisor to review youth, families, and service delivery.
- Responsible for holding youth and families accountable for completing required services.
- Supports parents by understanding the day-to-day challenges of parenting a child with emotional behavioral needs and involvement with the courts.
- Helps translate for parents who are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with system jargon.
- Advocates for working within the system, educate professionals with whom they work, provide information to parents, listen to parents, and help parents build the confidence and skills they need to advocate for their own children.
- Provides detailed documentation regarding the weekly family/individual meetings and/or phone contacts that occur with each family/youth, probation officer, and other outside agencies.
Must possess at minimum a bachelor's degree and have two (2) years experience working with the target population.Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have a valid Driver's License.
VisionQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.