Ophthalmic Tech / Ophthalmic Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our team today at Vision 575 in Brooklyn, NY!
Our optometry clinic is seeking an Ophthalmic Technician / Ophthalmic Assistant to join our patient care team.
Our ideal candidate is already a certified ophthalmic assistant or technician. We are willing to provide on-the-job training and experience to the right candidate as they work toward certification. I
n this role, your primary tasks are to take medical histories from patients, dilate their eyes to prepare them for exams, and provide them with instructions on how to use contacts, eye drops, and post-surgery medications.
Other duties include assisting the optometrist by performing applanation tonometry, refraction, and retinoscopy tests and recording the results in the patient's chart. You will also take eye measurements using tools such as a Humphrey field analyzer and OCT.
- Take medical histories and verify information
- Perform visual function and diagnostic tests, such as applanation tonometry, refraction, and retinoscopy
- Utilize tools such as a Humphrey field analyzer and OCT to take eye measurements
- Inform ophthalmologist about changes to a patient's visual acuity and other vision issues
- Dilate eyes to prepare patients for their eye exam
- Explain how to properly use eye drops or other medications
- Explain how to properly use contact lenses
- Assist with inventory management
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Completion of an ophthalmic assistant or technician program strongly preferred (COA or COT)
- Experience with eye measurement tools and testing techniques
- Experience with EMR tools a plus
- Bilingual communication skills are a plus
- Computer literacy
We look forward to your application!
575 Kings Highway11385, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Vision575's Company