Vision Tutoring, LLC and the Vision Tutoring Educational Foundation, Inc. are seeking energetic, creative educators to conduct one-on-one and/or small group tutorial sessions with K-12 students throughout metro-Atlanta (S. Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, N. Fayette, S. Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, and Rockdale Counties). Tutors may select to work with individuals or groups of students whose geographic area, tutorial site (i.e. in-home, library, group home, etc.) and schedule are convenient for them and will be assigned to the specific subject(s) and grade level(s) in which they are proficient. Session duration may vary from 1 to 2 hours with the possibility of back to back sessions. Only instructional time is billable. Tutors may indicate availability for any day Sunday through Saturday beginning at 9 am and concluding at 8:30 pm.
- Have one or more of the following –
- a current, valid Teaching Certificate (type: SRT, teaching/instructional)
- a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of teaching or two years tutoring experience
- an associate’s degree with at least three years of teaching or extensive tutoring experience in a school environment
- Be proficient in teaching/tutoring the subject(s) and grade level(s) for which they apply
- Have the ability to create engaging lessons for students based on the skills that must be taught – foreign language assignments only include homework assistance
- Be dependable, punctual, organized, and a positive role model
- Be proficient in the use of the computer, Internet, Office software (Word, Excel), and Adobe Acrobat in addition to accessing and responding to e-mails
- Be able to consistently submit detailed paperwork by the designated deadline each month
- Have a passion for teaching youth and contributing to their success
- Have reliable transportation (personal or public)
- Be willing to submit to a criminal background check
There are multiple openings, so feel free to share this job posting. Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com. Ensure that details relative to your Teaching Certificate (if one is available) along with specific experience relative to working with youth and teaching/tutoring is included on your resume.
This is a contract position.
Compensation: $20/hr - $40/instructional hour dependent upon the assignment(s) accepted