Field Service Engineer
Vision Technology Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is an industry leading global company specializing in serialization software and machine vision technology with offices in Moorestown, NJ and in Italy. We are looking to hire a full-time Field Service Engineer who can service clients throughout the U.S.
Our client supports the needs of pharmaceutical companies’ requirement for track & trace technology throughout the supply chain as well as their need for machine vision inspection during the packaging process. As such, the technical support staff manage issues that customers have before, during, and after installation in the ever-changing environment of a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) is responsible for the installation and maintenance of all the machines designed and sold by the Company. The FSE covers all of the machine-related-activities from initial testing through the factory acceptance test, site acceptance test to operational qualification. He/she is responsible for all the machine components (mechanical, electronic and software). In addition to this, an FSE performs all of the validation procedures for the machines in order to verify their compliance with standard quality parameters such as ISO, GAMP5 and with other specific requirements requested by customers.
At the customer’s site, the Field Service Engineer is responsible for the execution of the testing of on-site procedures (IQ-OQ-PQ) and for filling in the relevant documentation. He/she will set up the machines according to the agreed machine specifications and provide training on the new equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES of a Field Service Engineer:
- Commission machinery in preparation for customer factory acceptance testing.
- Ensure all devices and controls are in compliance with client specifications.
- Setup and configure machine vision systems and printers according to documented customer requirements.
- Ensure machinery is functioning according to documented customer requirements.
- Perform factory acceptance testing and validation acceptance testing with customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to factory acceptance testing and minimize delays.
- Upon successful factory acceptance test, document all results and prepare Open Point lists.
- Assist with the breakdown of machinery for shipment to customer site.
- Help install machinery after arrival to customer site.
- Perform SAT procedures and machine testing (IQ/OQ/IP).
- Perform scheduled or emergency interventions on the Company’s Vision Equipment at customer sites as needed
- Train customer’s staff on the new machines.
- Travel, as required, to support projects (50-65% per year for 1-2 weeks at a time on average)
REQUIREMENTS of a Field Service Engineer:
- Preferred: A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related degree or have several years of related job experience.
- Technical school/Military Experience (or document-able equivalent) and on-the-job training experience is also considered.
- Experience in Machine Vision Systems is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in PLC’s, HMI systems, networking, and data acquisition systems a plus.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or in a validated environment is a plus.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and technical data.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Company Benefits include:
- A comprehensive Medical, dental, and vision plan.
- Company matched 401k retirement plan
- Generous Vacation plan and holiday schedule
- Company sponsored events
- Competitive salary
Submit Resume to apply
Our firm, Lukesh Consulting Group, Inc., provides on-call and part-time on-site HR services to small and mid-sized businesses throughout the U.S. Among the many HR services that we provide to our clients, we often assist them with job searches as in the position posted above.
EngineeringView all jobs at Vision Technology