Helpdesk Specialist (Senior)
Vision Technologies Corvallis, OR
- Expired: May 17, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Deskside Service Technician will provide support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing and maintaining all desktop equipment, printers, software applications and mobile devices to ensure optimal performance. Support will be performed in person (on-site users) or via telephone/remote control (off-site users).
- Ensure proper day-to-day operation of technology applications and equipment by identifying, researching and resolving technical problems.
- Provide deskside assistance to resolve technology issues and provide how-to knowledge transfer to end users on a variety of computer-related issues.
- Perform scheduled moves, installations and cancellations, as well as other MAC-D related tasks.
- Provide quality level II support for users with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical knowledge and timeliness either by resolving the issue or escalating and coordinating efforts of other Information Technology staff.
- Solve technical issues and/or investigate elevated issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking known solutions to more complex problems or issues. Must know when to escalate issues not resolved at this level to management.
- Utilize ServiceNow for issue tracking, ensuring all user requests for assistance are accompanied by a ticket and all tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention.
- Ensure all tickets are resolved within documented service levels.
- Interact with asset management, network services, software systems engineering, applications development and/or printer maintenance services to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Assist in developing and documenting improvements to current processes, creating/updating KAs and SOPs.
- Possess excellent presentation, verbal communication and written skills.
- Provide technology refresh support as needed.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- The ability to identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service be able to handle working under pressure.
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and coworkers is crucial.
- Ability to move, carry, push, pull and/or lift up to 45 pounds, as well as climb under/around desks for cable management.
Education - Associates degree. Computer Science or related disciplines are preferred.
Experience - Minimum 3 years of experience in a deskside services role supporting end users and troubleshooting and resolving all aspects of computer hardware and software.
Minimum 2 years of experience supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite (Office 2016 / Office 365).
Dell hardware (laptop, desktop, tablet, 2-in-1) and Apple iPhone experience.
Experience supporting audio/video and video teleconferencing equipment a plus.
Technical Certification - CompTIA A+ Certification and/or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician a plus. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA) Windows 10 certification desired.
TechnologyView all jobs at Vision Technologies