Project Manager - Research and Physical Sciences
Vision Point Systems is looking to fill a Project Manager position in support of the Naval Surface Warfare Center – Carderock Division and US Navy acquisition program offices, program managers, and program executive offices. The portfolio of programs covers many aspects of materials R&D and engineering challenges ranging from applied research and development on next generation structural and mechanical materials; industrial base capitalization and transition to industry 4.0; reconstitution of research and development infrastructure; engineering and trades workforce development; and transition of new technologies and manufacturing processes to the fleet.
The selected individual will work as members of the leadership team executing these programs, and will be jointly responsible with the other team members to execute this portfolio of programs currently at ~$30M in FY23 and projected to grow to greater than $100M in FY24 with a sustained portfolio size at or above $100M for at least 5 years.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, providing support to the US Navy in areas of:
- Development of request for proposal packages to include:
- Development and submission of acquisition solicitations via Other Transaction Authorities (OTA’s)
- Executing outgoing funding to other government partners
- Development of equipment acquisition packages
- Development of BAA packages
- Development of Grant packages
- Financial management of government tasking execution and funding execution at all teaming partners; and associated reporting to funding sponsors
- Oversight of capital infrastructure and construction projects
- Development and management of project agreements with other nations including, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, and South Korea
- Development and management of Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs) between the government and industry and/or academic partners
The selected individual must have demonstrated experience working across multiple entities in a large organization to execute large, complex, and interdependent portfolios of work.
Demonstrated management skills coordinating multiple diverse projects simultaneously is a must.
A four year college degree (B.A or B.S) from an accredited university or college is required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance. Requires US Citizenship.
Must have 5+ years of applicable project management experience.
Must have experience/exposure to physical sciences and/or engineering projects.
These role can be executed entirely remotely but will require both CONUS and OCONUS travel between 25-50% of the time. If living outside the DC metro region, travel requirements will be 30-60% of the time.
Experience in education or workforce development is also desired.
Experience/understanding of metallurgy is not required but is a plus.
Experience/understanding of government contracts/projects is not required but is a plus.
Full time employees with Vision Point Systems qualify for a generous benefits plan to include medical, dental, 1x your salary in life insurance, and short and long term disability. VPS also offers 401k participation and matching. Highly contributing team members are also rewarded with flexible work hours, travel, and training opportunities when available.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vision Point Systems, Inc.Bethesda, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.