JOB SUMMARY: Provides nursing care to the patient during the intraoperative phase. Performs nursing activities in the operating room where the circulating nurse is the patient's advocate. Answers patient needs by assisting the physician and person responsible for anesthesia care.
OR Circulator is eligible for a $1000.00 bonus after successful completion of new hire orientation at 90 days
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of accredited school of nursing required Current state licensure required. Operating room experience required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires immediate judgment and response; occasionally in response to disasters or emergencies, actual events or drills. Require language skills adequate for high-level written and interpersonal communication in American English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Require high-level visual and auditory acuity for timely response and patient care assessment activities. Require the ability to move quickly in response to physician and patient needs, to stand for long periods, occasional overhead and low reaching, and to exert force up to 50 lbs. occasionally, up to 20 lbs. frequently and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly. Patient care activities require the ability to exert force of up to 30 lbs. constantly, up to 40 lbs. occasionally and up to I 00 lbs. rarely.
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE: Category I exposure to bloodbome pathogens; frequent exposure to chemical hazards; may encounter radiation hazards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Supports the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Organization.
- Contributes to the progress and development of the approved Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program.
- Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
- Maintains and promotes professional competence through participation in continuing education and other learning experiences.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Interacts appropriately with various age groups.
- Assists as needed in the organization of equipment, supplies, and staff to provide effective case management.
- Addresses patient needs during admission to the operating room with attention to requirements specific to the outpatient setting.
- Performs the circulating nurse's functions adhering to approved operating room procedures for the scheduled procedure.
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician.
Vision Integrated Partners