The LASIK Vision Institute (LVI), a division of Vision Group, is the country's leading provider of LASIK laser vision correction. Our experienced Lasik Eye Surgeons have conducted over 1,000,000 procedures nationwide. Built upon a commitment to provide better vision for a better value, LVI delivers enhanced vision and a superior, personalized patient experience.
Reporting to the Center Manager, the Ophthalmic Technician is responsible for acquainting patients with procedures and performing various ophthalmic diagnostic testing including refractometry. This is an excellent opportunity for someone bilingual (Spanish fluency) who is interested to join a highly qualified team of Technicians, Doctors and Physicians who are customer centric and passionate about offering patients sound medical advice and treatment.
Work Hours/ Days: This is a part-time benefits eligible role (approximately 30 hours per week). Tuesdays 10:00am-7:00pm; Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm; Friday 7:00am-1:00pm, and Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm.
- Ongoing Skills, Learning and Development
- Competitive pay plus incentives.
- Medical benefits, including short term disability, life insurance,401K, etc.
- Paid PTO, Vacations
- Engage with patients; Demonstrate a customer centric attitude and professionalism that instills confidence in the Center's services.
- Perform various Ophthalmic testing including visual acuity, tomography, topography, tears breakup times, Goldmann applanation tonometry (GAT), IOP, and refractometry.
- Document patient history perform visual acuity and glaucoma tests
- Help gather and document patient's needs and concerns. Relay all important data to the physician.
- Acquaint patients with the procedures to which they will be exposed and inform them of the purpose of all tests.
- Prepares laser room and instruments for surgery.
- Enter data into laser and calibrate laser for each patient.
- Work with patients on pre-operative and post-operative procedures.
- Assist surgeon in OR during surgery.
- Manage patient flow from pre-op through surgery to post-op phase.
- Provide post-op progress reports to the surgeon and/or optometrist.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of all medications and medical supplies.
- Monitor laser room and clinic equipment; maintain records regarding equipment service, testing and safety according to company policy and procedure.
- Wash and sterilize instruments.
- Other duties as required by the Center Manager.
- Minimum of three years' work experience in refractometry
- Minimum of five years' experience in Optometry and/or Ophthalmology.
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to interact with patients/physicians.
- COA or COT are not required but can be an asset.
- Superior communications skills and strong energetic customer service attitude.
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize.
- Versatile skills to act independently and in a highly effective cross trained team setting.
- Excellent accuracy skills and attention to detail.
- Ethics that align with providing the best care for the patient experience and their privacy
External Company URL: www.vgroupholdings.com
Street: 298 West Exchange St, Suite 100