Shipping/Receiving Clerk - Concord, CA
VPG is an internationally recognized designer, manufacturer and marketer of resistive foil technology, sensors, and sensor-based systems to niche, industrial applications. Our products, systems and solutions are marketed under a variety of brand names that have a very high level of precision and quality.
We are looking for a Shipping/Receiving Clerk to join our team! We offer an innovative, diverse and rewarding environment – including great benefits, a friendly atmosphere and room for advancement.
This role in brief will performs all needed transactions involved in Outbound and Inbound shipments, including picking, Packing and production of required shipping documents. Track shipments, work with forwarders on shipments pick up and delivery, customs clearance and AES/ACE filing. Updates all transactions in the ERP system. Supports policies & procedure to promote continuous improvements to the quality of the product.
Major Responsibilities: Daily assignments will vary based on workload and could include the following:
- Pick/pack internal and 3rd party customer orders
- Ship customer orders
- Posts all transaction into ERP system
- International shipping documents preparation experience - mandatory
- Work with freight forwarders on shipping status, pickups and clearance issues
- File ACE documentation in order to obtain an ITN number with BIS
- Cycle counting and physical inventory
- Cover/assist with RM warehouse tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Intermediate computer skills (proficient with Microsoft Office)
- Experience with ERP systems