Programmer Analyst Production Systems
Viscofan Danville, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
The Programmer Analyst’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide daily user support for all US locations and its subsidiaries.
- Provide Technical Support for implementing strategic initiatives of the US organization.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Ensure databases are maintained for optimal performance to avoid problems.
- Support IT team to maintain project deadlines and maintain the team spirit.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Install software products for end users as required. Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5+ years in similar position.
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages, and an excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Proficient in SQL server & SSRS(2008 or higher), Visual Studio, & T-SQL programming to support Shop-floor (MES) system.
- Knowledge of interfacing between multi-platform systems. IT-OT integration, Integration between PLCs and Shop floor (MES) systems.
- Troubleshoot and solve issues related to the area of Plant systems.
- Need to be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Should be able to work in a team environment to collaborate with other departments.
TechnologyView all jobs at Viscofan