Manufacturing Supervisor Swing Shift
Visby Medical San Jose, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Manufacturing Supervisor will supervise and direct the manufacturing processes. The supervisor will lead a team of hourly personnel to meet or exceed operational goals.
- Manage staff and resources to support manufacturing build demands.
- Responsible for all aspects of shift operations including safety, quality, company policies, and production.
- Create and maintain manufacturing material flow, assembly Work Instruction (WI), Batch Record, Traveler in accordance with GMP/Company QMS.
- Contribute to continuous improvement to manufacturing efficiency, product quality, and the team's morale.
- Escalate issue(s) to engineer, management, and/or peers in a clear, effective and timely manner.
- Ensure that all manufacturing staff are following established quality policies and adhere to operating procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain a safe and open working environment.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and developing all team members to support the manufacturing plan.
- Responsible for team members performance reviews, ongoing coaching, and disciplinary problems.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High School level equivalency (English reading/writing proficiency).
- 4 - 6yrs in an ISO environment (FDA regulated Medical Device industry is a plus).
- Possess leadership skills necessary to create a culture that delivers on commitments.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 60% of the time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.
- Ability to move about the manufacturing facility (access files/storage, office equipment, computers and other productivity devices; plan, organize, and attend manufacturing meetings; attend to various issues on the shop floor; etc.), is required.
- Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common, though some time will be spent in the manufacturing area, where eye, and other protection (safety gear) are required.