As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The North America Financial Planning & Analysis team serves as a business partner for the North America Group Executive and provides finance support for global business functions, including Visa Consulting & Analytics. We are an agile, highly visible team that collaborates across all functions/product lines and plays a key role in providing financial planning, month-end reporting and decision support analytics to business leaders.
We are seeking a proactive finance leader to support finance for Visa Consulting & Analytics. As a finance business partner this person will cultivate strategic operational partnerships in order to drive strategic and financial thought leadership and successfully complete the financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and month-end reporting processes. Responsibilities include:
- Highly motivated finance leader who easily cultivates effective relationships with senior executives and staff both inside and outside the Finance organization
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with business leaders in global and regional function
- Make decisions with limited guidance, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of the strategies, priorities and issues of thebusiness functions, globally
- Collaborate with business leaders to quantify the financial impacts of operational risks and opportunities. Successfully apply insights learned to the planning and forecasting processes
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Cross-functionally partner with other global functions to lead the annual budget, quarterly forecast and month end close process
- Partner with Functional / Regionalfinance teams to understand and prepare commentary regarding variances, business drivers and influence forecasting assumptions
- Partner with functional stakeholders to create detailed business cases and supporting financial models, when necessary
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills with superb attention to detail, ability to drive complex financial modeling and analysis with thoroughness and accuracy to quantify impact of investments and explain viability of new business models
- Identify and implement changes that improve efficiency and effectiveness of operational decision making
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 8 years of work experience and a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD. UR Only: MBA/ PhD degree without experience
- Prior experience in FP&A, Investment Banking, or Corporate Strategy preferred
- Sound foundation in Finance and working knowledge of GAAP preferred
- Create processes, systems, and plans that balance short-term and long-term growth
- Strategic and Analytical and comfortable working through complex problems, processes, and data sets
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting, month-end close and process development
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Experience with a complex financial system (e.g. Hyperion, TM1) is beneficial but not required
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.