Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Director of Digital Marketing Operations & Governance will be part of the newly formed Global Marketing Operations & Governance team within Visa's Global Marketing Solutions team, which enables data-driven, integrated capabilities enabling our regional marketers and clients. The Global Marketing Operations & Governance team is charged with driving operational excellence and effectively managing risks throughout our marketing and communications activities. The team is seeking individuals highly passionate about marketing and operations to join our journey in building an industry leading function.
- Implement and oversee governance efforts across Visa's digital marketing footprint, including websites and social media:
- Understand Visa's digital marketing strategies globally and evaluate effectiveness of implementation
- Define, implement, manage, and monitor global adoption of digital marketing policies, standards, processes, and best practices to Visa's marketers and agency partners, covering web and social media management, content publishing, content strategy, digital measurement & insights, digital asset management, etc.
- Develop a corporate-wide community around digital marketing, focused on sharing best practices, establishing standards, and recognizing effective results
- Identify and effectively manage risks to protecting Visa throughout our digital marketing initiatives
- Champion adoption of preferred tools, technologies, and processes, including Visa's content management system, social media management, DAM, and ad tech platforms
- Define and implement a scalable transition & change management process
- Develop productive partnerships and collaborate with subject matter experts and stakeholders, regional/local marketers, agencies, and internal functional groups, including Legal, Privacy, IT, Sourcing, and Finance
- Drive operational excellence across digital channels:
- Evaluate existing tools and processes and identify optimization opportunities
- Monitor Visa's external digital footprint and provide insights and recommendations to more effectively and efficiently deliver against Visa's digital strategy
- Oversee day-to-day governance-related operations, i.e. social media account and website management, content management, etc.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD)
- 10+ years of relevant digital marketing and operations management experience
- Prior experience leading through influence, leveraging strong relationships with global leaders, stakeholders, clients, and partners, both face-to-face and virtually
- You have prior experience managing corporate social media presence across channels, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Vine, Tumblr, Sina Weibo, WeChat, etc.
- Experience working with web and social content management systems, content management platforms, content quality tools, digital asset management systems, programmatic media buying, SEO/SEM
- You have prior experience establishing common cross-channel taxonomies
- Strong passion towards business operations and marketing, especially in humanizing operations within a marketing environment
- Outstanding communication skills able to translate strategies, policies, and standards into a scalable, understandable format and articulate the value of work to the business
- You have prior experience in transition / change management (TCM): deep understanding and demonstration of application of TCM processes in complex environments
- Experience sourcing, adopting, and scaling marketing technologies to support operations
- You have strong project management skills
- Experience working in ambiguous / start-up environments
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to observe and translate operational challenges into strategic, actionable objectives
- You are extremely adaptable and quick learner
- Proven team player, highly adaptable to new opportunities, and able to learn complex topics quickly
- Establishes internal and external partnerships by identifying common interests and mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Establishes a goal-oriented culture and continually raises the bar for organizational achievement.
- Scans the internal and external environment to leverage new sources of data and create a compelling vision for the organization.
- Spur Innovation
- Creates an environment where independent thinking is encouraged and where productive debate about existing assumptions, methods and processes is the norm.
- Recognizes and acts on ways to anticipate needs, address unmet demands, and enter new markets.
- Champions and devotes resources to process improvement efforts across the function and the company.
Execute on Commitments
- Creates clear strategic priorities for the business and aligns resources accordingly.
- Ensures that decisions are made in a timely manner without overanalyzing data; holds managers accountable for balancing risks and meeting goals.
- Effectively prioritizes the most critical projects for the business function and aligns resources appropriately.
- Monitors success metrics against established criteria and benchmarks.
- Collaborate Across Boundaries
- Executes decisions with the goals and vision of the company in mind; acts as a representative of the company brand both internally and externally.
- Identifies complex issues affecting multiple areas and develops solutions that can be applied across the organization.
- Ensures a culture of cooperation and relationship building at every level of the organization; builds and continually revisits organizational structures that best support a culture of collaboration.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 15-20%.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.