- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Virtuoso® is the leading global travel agency network specializing in luxury and experiential travel. This by-invitation-only organization comprises over 1,200 travel agency locations with 20,000 travel advisors in 50 countries throughout North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Drawing upon its preferred relationships with more than 2,200 of the world’s best hotels and resorts, cruise lines, airlines, tour companies and premier destinations, the network provides its upscale clientele with exclusive amenities, rare experiences and privileged access. Normalized annual sales of (U.S.) $25-$30 billion make Virtuoso a powerhouse in the luxury travel industry. For more information, visit www.virtuoso.com.
The Data Analyst position is responsible for using SQL to examine large datasets from numerous data sources and determine the best approach to integrate, transform, and refine into accurate standardized views for the purpose of building a sustainable and automated data infrastructure.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Help build a modern data architecture serving the needs of our data-based initiatives
- Research table structures of new data sources to create into required standardized views
- Create effective ETL processes that not only combines data but also efficiently
- Interpret existing queries to optimize and integrate into our new ecosystem of standardized views
- Develop process to ensure data quality
- Perform root-cause analysis and seek to develop sustainable solutions
- Work closely with data and product teams to strategize solutions for reporting needs
- Ability to work in a white space environment
- Identify and implement improvements to reporting processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field (or applicable experience)
- 2 – 4 years prior experience
Skills, Abilities, Experience
- Advanced SQL skills (MS SQL Server, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience with the principles of data analysis and data quality
- High level of attention to detail
- Creative problem solving
- Proficiency in data programming languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Familiarity with Tableau interface
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Travel is rarely required for this position. (0 – 1 trips per year)
- Travel will be entirely domestic
Type & Nature of Contacts
- Internal: Key job contacts are primarily with clerical and technical personnel outside of the job’s immediate work unit/department.
- External: Contact possible with vendor consultants to understand table structures.
AddressFort Worth, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at Virtuoso, Ltd.