Technical Software Release Manager
Virtuosity is looking for a dynamic individual to join our software release management team. Candidates must have a strong technical background and solid working knowledge of software release and project management.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project/releases.
- Interface and communicate with test/dev managers, IT ops, administrative staff, vendors, and other resources.
- Must be confident enough to manage up and provide reporting to various levels of management.
- Participate in/own release management lifecycle, including scheduling, coordinating, and management of software releases and all prerequisites.
- Previous experience working as a software engineer
- 2+ years of previous release and/or project management experience (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, advanced level knowledge of Excel, PowerBI
- Previous experience as a Microsoft employee/vendor is a plus
Roles and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Forward plan multiple release windows and cycles across the org
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business Go/No-Go reviews
- Weekly release reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
Virtuosity covers all of your service needs in Software Development, Project & Operational Execution, DevOps, and Cloud Transformation.
We provide these in a Managed Services capacity, as well as assisting clients in finding excellent staff augmentation resources.
Why Work Here?Founded in 2008 and based in Bellevue, WA, Virtuosity Consulting provides consulting services and staffing focused on execution and delivery with a see it, own it, solve it approach. Virtuosity covers all of your service needs in Software Development, Project & Operational Execution, DevOps, and Cloud Transformation. We provide these in a Managed Services capacity, as well as assisting clients in finding excellent staff augmentation resources.
See it, own it, solve it approach.