Business Operations Support Specialist SAP BPC
This role supports the client’s planning and forecast team that is responsible for meeting the budgeting, forecasting and early fiscal planning needs across the company. The client relies on a suite of applications to make timely and sound financial, sales, marketing, operations, and product decisions. The goal of this team is to ensure timely, accurate, accessible and complete information in planning systems.
- Ensure integrity of Revenue, OPEX, Headcount, Budget and Forecast data
- Perform business operational duties, including interfacing with various systems, ensuring data quality, and responsibility for daily, weekly, and monthly publish SLAs
- Responsible for executing system readiness, functional validations and jobs
- Manage data feeds to downstream systems
- Update and maintain user permissions
- Create and manage data import/export schedules
- Implement business controls and perform audits to ensure data quality
- Engage with business owners to assist in the definition, interpretation, and implementation of system enhancements
- Work with Solution Delivery product management and Engineering teams in analysis, development, test, and production support to ensure delivery of required enhancements through SDLC
- Ensure all system enhancements meet both business and operations objectives (serviceability, agility and maintainability)
- Team with internal and external business contacts to proactively respond to data and system interface issues.
- Serve as escalation point for user inquiries about revenue data quality/timeliness
- Challenge existing processes and drive/implement changes as needed
- Work closely with data providers, training them on our reporting alternatives, formats, reporting deadlines and data quality in order to meet stringent planning and forecast data quality and timeliness measures
- Strong financial background with focus in planning (budget/forecast), accounting or related field
- Technically savvy in Excel, prefer light database skills
- BPC and EPM experience a plus
- Prior Microsoft full time employee or vendor preferred
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of related experience required
- Prefer experience with enterprise financial systems in a multi-national company
- Experience and working knowledge of revenue & OPEX planning, P&Ls, forecasting/budgeting theories
- Advanced PC Skills (Excel in particular)
- Strong communication skills - written, oral, interpersonal
- Proven process improvement/automation experience
- Experience dealing with conflict in a cross functional environment
- Strong problem-solving ability and ability to utilize experience to improve processes
- High attention to detail and ability to work within stringent deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft hierarchies and planning process preferred
- Experience with Microsoft MS Sales, Plancast, BWB, Mercury/MSRA
- Reliable and responsible
- Able to work up to 40 hours a week onsite at client location after the COVID crisis
- Results and action oriented - makes sure the job gets done on time
Virtuosity covers all of your service needs in Software Development, Project & Operational Execution, DevOps, and Cloud Transformation.
We provide these in a Managed Services capacity, as well as assisting clients in finding excellent staff augmentation resources.
Why Work Here?Founded in 2008 and based in Bellevue, WA, Virtuosity Consulting provides consulting services and staffing focused on execution and delivery with a see it, own it, solve it approach. Virtuosity covers all of your service needs in Software Development, Project & Operational Execution, DevOps, and Cloud Transformation. We provide these in a Managed Services capacity, as well as assisting clients in finding excellent staff augmentation resources.
See it, own it, solve it approach.