Level 1 Network Engineer *
- Posted: over a month ago
- $150,000 to $175,000 Yearly
Are you looking to take the next steps in your career as a Level 1 Network Engineer ? Let's chat and see if we are a good match!
Virtual Service Operations is searching for a Level 1 Network Engineer to join our team in Lorton, Virginia. This individual will be responsible for providing engineering support, monitoring and alerting of the network, proactive and reactive incident response, and ticket resolution. The L1 Network Engineer will support 12x7 and 24x7 on call NOC and SOC operations. They will perform routine system maintenance including patching and firmware maintenance on both on premise and cloud infrastructure. Also responsible for remediating vulnerabilities found on systems. They will assist in escalations for problem and change management.
- 2-3+ years of experience in networking
- Experience with LAN/WAN support
- 2+ years of experience in network traffic analysis
- Familiarization with data visualization and threat hunting tools
- Familiarity with ITSM/ITIL practices
- Familiarity with iboss Cloud Gateway, 128T Session Smart Routers, Cisco ASR 9006 and Catalyst 9500 switches preferred
- Azure certified administrator (AZ-104) certification preferred
- Azure networking experience preferred
- DOD 8570 CSSP Incident Responder
- Must be within driving distance of Lorton, VA, and willing to work onsite (rotating work schedule with three 12 hour days a week.)
- Must possess an active Top Secret clearance or above
What is Important to Us:
- You are an excellent communicator in writing and speaking.
- You have the ability to work independently but also value teamwork.
- Your problem-solving skills are excellent.
- You are looking for a job where performance appraisals occur regularly, and you look forward to advancing your career.
- You seek a community of virtue-centered co-workers and clients.
What we offer you: As part of the VSO company, you will be part of a virtue-centered team who value their work and teammates. This is a no-jerk zone. We provide ongoing learning and development opportunities to foster continuous growth. We offer competitive salaries, health benefits, and flexible work arrangements.
More About VSO: VSO is a hybrid cloud and managed services consulting firm. Much of VSO’s success can be attributed to our deep partnerships with IT services industry leaders such as AWS, IBM, Microsoft and others. VSO leverages numerous other partner relationships so as to provide our customers with optimal support. Additionally, we take pride in taking care of our employees. We offer a wide variety of benefits for eligible employees related to health, retirement, professional development, and more! For more information, please visit our website at https://vso-inc.com/careers
Virtual Service Operations
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?