Paper Mill Production Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Perform functions, assisting the machine tender, to ensure safe, efficient, and productive operation of the paper mill and identify and resolve operating and equipment issues guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies. Continuously supports Sofidel’s Employee Personal Practice Policy.
- Supports Sofidel America’s Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP to promote a safe, sanitary and hygienically sound workplace.
- Work from written and verbal instructions as well as production schedule.
- Oversee the Dry End function of the paper machine, with priority focus on Yankee Dryer, Yankee coating, Calendar and Reel section.
- Conduct prescribed tests to ensure the quality of products. Document test results and inform machine tender and supervisor if paper quality falls outside established quality standards.
- Prepare the roll for removal from the mill, removing excess paper from the roll surface. Coordinate with crew to direct rolls from paper machine to rewinder or jumbo roll storage.
- Coordinate with the machine tender to perform service functions on the machine. Monitor computer display of machine functioning, back up the machine tender as needed.
- Perform first level maintenance on machine as necessary to ensure optimal machine operation.
- May operate clamp truck to move and process paper rolls when rolls leave the mill. Use clamp truck to place the paper roll on wrapper, wrap, label, and move the roll into the designated place in storage.
- Assist with housekeeping duties and maintain the organization and cleanliness of the facility.
- Learn and receive qualification for next job in line of progression on machine.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and workgroups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Clamp truck, hoist, wrapper, hand tools, test devices, and computerized machine controls.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three years of related experience and/or training.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Lift certification
- Overhead crane training
Virtual Employee Services (J)
25910 US-23Circleville, OH
ManufacturingView all jobs at Virtual Employee Services (J)