VN235 - Senior Software Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help design, develop and drive the new LightBox suite of offerings into a fully integrated and consistent platform.
This position will have additional opportunities to contribute to API development, integration of distributed systems and working with variety of technical solutions including message queues, data warehouses, container orchestration, relational databases and the like.
Beyond technical proficiency, a candidate also needs strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This position is expected to interact with both technical and non-technical audiences, to mentor team members in new technologies and paradigms, and to contribute to the continuous improvement of systems and processes across LightBox.
What you will do and achieve:
- Participate in team activities such as design sessions, code reviews and sprint ceremonies.
- Adhere to best practices around versioning, automated testing, dependency management, system reliability, containerization, infrastructure-as-code, auto-scaling, data security, etc.
- Investigate and resolve technical and non-technical issues, resolving critical incidents in a timely manner and with a thorough root cause analysis.
- Contribute to LightBox’s technology strategy as a member of its core platform application team.
Who you are:
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 5 or more years of experience in software engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in Python
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to write scalable code using the Python programming language.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, along with understanding of relational, graph and document databases systems concepts.
- Knowledge of API design standards, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with source control management using GitHub and/or BitBucket.
- Familiarity using, developing, and debugging containerized systems using Docker or other tools.
- Modern practices around agile development, release management, continuous integration, system reliability, cloud architecture and data security.
- Computer science and software engineering fundamentals.
- Design and implement maintainable and testable software.
- Clearly communicate decision points, opportunities, and outcomes to senior leadership.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment on all projects and responsibilities.
- Contribute to development of systems and software to meet team objectives.
- Mentor team members on technical and non-technical topics.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies, standards, and protocols.
Virtual Employee Services (D)
AddressThe Cows, CT
TechnologyView all jobs at Virtual Employee Services (D)